Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Which Ti Bike Did You Buy and Why? Happy or Not?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Which Ti Bike Did You Buy and Why? Happy or Not?

Old 06-06-22, 06:56 AM
litespeed1999
graybeard

Bikes: 1999 Litespeed Classic/Dura Ace 7700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My 1999 Litespeed Classic frame was refurbished at the factory in 2005 with new decals, Kestrel carbon fork, and King headset. It was subsequently run over by an SUV, so I had to replace the fork, the wheels, and some of the components, but the frame was undamaged. That would never have happened with any other frame material. Unfortunately, my body did not fare as well, but I eventually recovered.

It's still my main road bike. fitted with 9-speed Dura Ace, Cinelli bar, 3TTT stem, Easton seat post, Selle Italia saddle, and custom wheelset built with Velocity rims by Vecchio's of Boulder, CO.
Not sure how many 10's of thousands of miles I have on this bike, but have done four centuries on it, and many metrics. It's super-comfortable with a very responsive ride, and I get lots of compliments on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_7764.jpg (1.04 MB, 104 views)

Last edited by litespeed1999; 06-06-22 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-06-22, 07:30 AM
MidTNBrad

Bikes: 2016 Cervelo R3 & 1999 Litespeed Tuscany

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Update to update: I lived more or less happily with the 7410 groupset on the Ultimate for 5 months. It was my favorite bike, I think I took it for at least 6 long Sunday rides in a row. But ultimately (haha) the 39x25 low gear just wasn't low enough for any real climbing.

SO, I stripped that off and replaced it with R8000 Ultegra. Now I have 39x32 low. That's MUCH better!!! And yes, I AM happy with it!

Sounds familiar. A couple years ago I came to the realization that I can't turn the original 53x39 chainring on my old Tuscany like my 22 year younger self so I swapped the group over to a compact 105. Much better now!
Likes For MidTNBrad:
Old 06-08-22, 02:32 PM
primov8

Bikes: State Bicycle Co. Undefeated Track SS/FG, Lynskey Helix-Bronze

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 95 Posts
With just about over 4K miles on the Helix, no regrets as this being my first Ti build. To this day, my biggest pro about my Helix is not feeling tired or fatigued after hours and hours on the road, especially out here in NYC. There are times when I'll do a double take on the Karoo2 thinking I'm not riding at my usual pace/speed but I am. It just rolls so smooth and my sentiment hasn't changed about how tamed this bike is even when I'm pushing out the saddle.

Old 06-09-22, 09:48 PM
kirbyx

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
I have a T2... great bike. What's the brand of brake disk you use?