Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Utility Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cargo Bike Frame for eBike Conversion

Search
Notices
Utility Cycling Want to haul groceries, beer, maybe even your kids? You don't have to live car free to put your bike to use as a workhorse. Here's the place to share and learn about the bicycle as a utility vehicle.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-20, 08:23 PM
chicagohillride

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone know where I might find a store to buy a cargo frame? I would like to build/convert a cargo bike, however finding frames online has proven to be a challenge. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! (As a reference, I have tried craigslist, Amazon, Alibaba, and emailed Yuba direct with no luck - My first choice would be the Spicy Curry (or something comparable)).
Old 12-18-20, 11:06 AM
sloppy12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 147 Posts
extracycle has frame sets in stock.
Old 12-20-20, 04:14 AM
Leisesturm

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2493 Post(s)
Liked 738 Times in 522 Posts
If you check Universal Cycles you may find that they have the Surly Big Dummy frameset for sale. And, yes, you could get an X-tracycle like a previous poster mentioned, but FWIW I looked at those choices and bought this instead. The complete Mongoose Envoy is half the price of the Big Dummy frame and I simply cannot see why that is. This is a solid bike. SOLID. My only upgrade will be the handlebars, I am keeping everything else. There is no waste with this bike as a donor! I have a mid-drive motor mounted now (TSDZ2) and I bought a battery that will fit in that open area just behind the seat-tube. Very slick.
Edit: https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...&category=4342

Last edited by Leisesturm; 12-20-20 at 02:05 PM.