Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

CycleBlaze Trip Journal Site

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

CycleBlaze Trip Journal Site

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-20, 12:06 AM
RohloffRoller

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Cycle Blaze Trip Journal Site

I was banned by Neil for daring to disagree with him so Mary and I moved our journals to CB

I used to look at the CG journals but for some time now I time out when trying to log on to the site.

As others have written don't bother with the forums, the majority of which are what another ex member there refers to as thesis length posts.

Mike Ayling
Old 12-03-23, 12:23 AM
RohloffRoller

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Dec 2023 update - Neil is currently concerned because donations for November are lower than usual.
IMNSHO this may be related to the fact that people's disposable income has not increased in real terms for a number of years or even dropped so even loyal followers may be short of a dollar or two.
Old 12-03-23, 08:23 AM
John N

Bikes: Co-Motion Americano Pinion P18; Co-Motion Americano Rohloff; Thorn Nomad MkII, Robert Beckman Skakkit (FOR SALE), Santana Tandem, ICE Adventure FS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by RohloffRoller
Dec 2023 update - Neil is currently concerned because donations for November are lower than usual.
IMNSHO this may be related to the fact that people's disposable income has not increased in real terms for a number of years or even dropped so even loyal followers may be short of a dollar or two.
Or it may be that he has banned so many people that he lost significant income from that. Unfortunately, the site has become less and less relevant in the last few years. Though I truly wish him the best, he won't get money from me any more since if he doesn't want me on his site, he must not want my donations.

Last edited by John N; 12-04-23 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Typos
Likes For John N:
Old 12-04-23, 03:44 PM
JeffL

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John N
Or it may be that he has banned so many people that he lost significant income from that. Unfortunately, the site has become less and less relevant in the last few years. Though I truly wish him the best, he won't get money from me any more since if he doesn't want me on his site, he must not want my donations.
He has provided a lot of unintentional entertainment for me over the years. Whenever I feel just a little bit bad for laughing at someone who's clearly delusional, as well as absolutely unable to learn from his past mistakes, he behaves like an even bigger jerk, and reminds me why I can't stand the guy.

Example: The recent thread where he starts by bemoaning his financial difficulties (which are all self-induced), and, as usual, progresses to the stage where he tells one of his paying customers to "F** Off", because the guy offered Neil advice he doesn't want to hear:

https://www.crazyguyonabike.com/foru..._id=928215&v=F

Comedy gold.