Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Thank you Vittoria! (G+ tires)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-19, 07:08 PM
79pmooney

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 129 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4806 Post(s)
Liked 3,929 Times in 2,554 Posts

I was riding a good rural 2 lane road today. Two cars were coming toward me. I paid little attention to them and was looking at the sign for the farm I was passing when I hears the following car hit the throttle. (A Camaro or similar.) He'd pulled out to pass! There was a foot of extra pavement for the dirt road to the farm. I served into it, Camaro passed me very close and now I had to get back onto the road; quick!. Deep gravel at the end of my little pavement respite and if I didn't make the cut there, my front wheel was sliding off to my right into a ditch. Planted the wheel in the gravel. Tire did its job like it was no big deal and I was back on the road.

Whew! Love those G+ tires. Best I've ridden for the task of keeping my bikes upright. Best tire I've ridden for climbing out of ruts and cracks and back onto the pavement. (And thank you Vittoria for bring back ribbed tread - the tread I loved 40 years ago that came on so many training level tubulars.

Those cars wouldn't have hit me. Still, it would have been a bloody road-rashed crash 30 miles from home.

Ben