Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Completing a CRASH INTERUPTED RIDE

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Completing a CRASH INTERUPTED RIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-20, 07:38 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,288 Times in 1,278 Posts
The only time I bailed after a crash was a couple of years ago when the asphalt decided to punch me in the face. I was dripping blood from my face and my left hand was a bit painful but I was in shock and by the time my buddies caught up and saw me , I was checking my front wheel and straightening the brake lever. My close friend who I trust a lot told me to sit down and have a drink as he waved down the sweep driver to take me back, decision made , I was not getting back on the bike. It was a good move as my hand was broken and my cheek bone was in pieces with my orbital bone broken as well. When I got to the hospital I was told if I would have bumped my orbital bone it probably would have severed my optic nerve and I would be blind in that eye. Because I listened to Rich , I avoided surgery and everything healed on its own. It took twelve weeks off the bike and that was the worst part! When we are in shock we don’t make good decisions, just sayin’. Joe