Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Chain!

Old 08-10-09, 12:45 AM
JTLB44

Bikes: Custom Fixie. Puch frame.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chain!

Fact: I bought a frame and crankset from a dude and he threw in a couple spiffy track chains. 1 problem though, they're both way to short, at least 3 links need to be added?

Question: Is there a formula for determining what length chain you need (130mm 3/3242t chainring and a 1/8 16t and 18t cog)?

Question: How did you determine what chain length you needed?
Old 08-10-09, 12:59 AM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Put the wheel in the dropout so that it is centered and wrap a longer chain around the chain ring and cog to get a chain measurement.

You can bring the wheel forward as long as the nuts do not pass the end of the dropout and with track ends you need to position the wheel about midway so that you can install and remove the wheel and have adequate room to adjust for tension.