Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from St Louis!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from St Louis!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-24, 09:23 AM
clstaats

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from St Louis!

Hi, I'm the former owner of a Raleigh Grand Prix (1974) who loved riding FAST as a teenager. They didn't have girl's sports teams back then, so it was nice to have some kind of sport I could engage in. I was faster than all of the boys and that gave me a lot of pride. I should have tried my hand at bike racing, but didn't realize such a thing existed. My big brother introduced me to cycling and it caught on in a big way. In the early to mid-80s, I was known as 'the girl on the red bike' at UC-Berkeley where I commuted on my bike 10-15 miles/day at a very FAST pace. I really liked riding the same speed as the cars. I could hold my bike upright at stop lights, even with a big pack of books on my back. I rode everywhere at UMich, too. I have always loved cycling. Now I'm a recent retiree with 2 knee replacements (I should never have been a runner) and a Kalkhoff e-bike!

I'm interested in vintage 10-speeds and will be posting elsewhere on this forum re. my dilemma. Look for my post there! Glad to meet all of you!
Old 04-22-24, 12:19 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3097 Post(s)
Liked 6,622 Times in 3,794 Posts
Welcome!

Old 04-22-24, 12:32 PM
Breakingbad

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome!
Old 04-23-24, 09:02 PM
Italia12

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Welcome, new myself.
Old 05-01-24, 10:52 AM
austiros

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome and Info

Welcome!

You sound quite experienced about road bicycles. How well are you knowledgeable about Raleigh Technium Supercourse models? I am trying getting info about manufacture years of this model