Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

The PNW was so crazy this winter.

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-24, 05:25 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts

usually at least in portland we have snow it only last a few days at most. but this year. it was 20 degrees and we had more frozen rain well looks like snow but does not compact. two days of that down to 14 degrees and 45 mph gusts. then came the fun part. it was 24 degrees and it rained. nice big rain drops so everything was coated in ice. then it warmed up the next day but little melted everything was still coated so it rained again but got a bit warmer. but to enough to melt a lot. then last night it was about 34 degrees all night but all the roads and sidewalks froze again.
but today the sun came out for a bit and it got upto 40 so I was going to ride to work but my usual roads were too bad according to my daughter who lives on them. but lots of choices. but I need up coming back home. one side would be clear the other not or just the middle of the road clear. usually I would take my bike to the light rail station less then a mile from out house. Hell it rights right behind our place. but its not running because of ice. Because downtown its usually much better. I finally gave up.
here are a few pics.

Old 01-20-24, 05:35 PM
roadcrankr
Thread derailleur

Bikes: Merlin Extralight '94 & Cannondale Supersix '15

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked 461 Times in 263 Posts
Gnarly stuff. Unfortunately, still two more months of Winter to go, pal.
Old 01-20-24, 05:37 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 949 Times in 556 Posts
Originally Posted by roadcrankr
Gnarly stuff. Unfortunately, still two more months of Winter to go, pal.
not usually we dont get weather like this. may get a little snow but it does not last. this was crazy.