Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

What wheel specs for Giant Revolt Advanced 0?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-20, 10:44 AM
kosmo886

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

What wheel specs are needed for this bike? Looking to get a cheap (hopefully) set of wheels I can use as a second set for this bike. Totally fine with used for this purpose as well. Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 06-25-20, 04:21 PM
Justinitus

Bikes: Giant Revolt Adv, Surly Straggler Flat Bar, Trek Farley Fat, Brompton M6R Black Edition

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Front 12x100mm thru axle, rear 12x142mm thru axle is what you’re looking for. Something with an inner rim width of 19-21mm would work well with most 35-45mm tyres. Stock wheels are tubeless so I’m guessing you’d want tubeless ready wheels again?
Old 06-25-20, 05:34 PM
kosmo886

Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Justinitus
Front 12x100mm thru axle, rear 12x142mm thru axle is what you’re looking for. Something with an inner rim width of 19-21mm would work well with most 35-45mm tyres. Stock wheels are tubeless so I’m guessing you’d want tubeless ready wheels again?
Thanks for the reply. That is what I thought. Yes, I'd like tubeless again. As long as I hit those specs then I shouldn't need to confirm anything else, correct? To have two complete wheelsets, I assume I only need to add a disc and cassette to be ready to go? Cassette seems straightforward, but how do I know what disc to get? this is the bike it's all going on: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/revolt-advanced-0

Separate question...Any issue putting 32mm ties on a wheel with inner width of 21mm? Thanks!
Old 07-02-20, 12:51 AM
Justinitus

Bikes: Giant Revolt Adv, Surly Straggler Flat Bar, Trek Farley Fat, Brompton M6R Black Edition

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
The current rear rotor is 160mm so you’d need the same size. Stock hubs are 6 bolt fixings for the rotor rather than centrelock, so I’d stick with that if you can to minimise any issues with rotor alignment.

I can’t see any issues with putting a 32mm tyre on a 21mm rim - although I thought the stock rims were 19mm?

I’d get new wheels and rotors, the cassette can be swapped over in a matter of seconds unless you don’t want to do that. Just make sure the new wheelset has a Shimano compatible free hub.
Old 09-04-20, 10:48 AM
GabbyD

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Have you already purchased a 2nd wheelset? I'm selling my original PX-2 wheelset with the tires and rotors from my 2019 Revolt. Let me know if interested.
Old 09-04-20, 02:15 PM
Grimfish74

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Showing the new CXR2 for the 2021 model on Giant website.