Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Moving to Jacksonville next month

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-20, 06:38 PM
c0urt
moving target

Bikes: looks like a specialized crux now

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 69 Posts

question for south east people. I am debating re-opening my bike shop after I move back to Florida and once i get some capitol built up,

Question is what bike related products, services, or classes, do you all really want to see or need?

Or maybe tours? and bike camping equipment rental services. the ideas are still coming to me
Old 01-30-20, 11:48 AM
Baldy1953

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
Welcome to Jacksonville. There are quite a few bicycle shops in Jax and surrounding areas. No touring events in this area that I am aware of. The North Florida Bicycle Club has a fairly large member base. There is a club just North of the border in Georgia , i think is based out of Camden County.

You will just in time for the Tour de Fortes put on by the NFBC. A large event that is usually well attended. Had approx 700 riders last year.
Old 08-17-20, 03:17 PM
Dreamerjob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We could use another good addition to the beaches and Mayport region. Taking the Ferry to Amelia is unique
Old 08-19-20, 07:45 PM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
With all the changes that have gone on since 'Rona' came to town...is this still in the works?

I can tell you this. Don't eat at Jollibee.
Old 09-05-20, 05:40 PM
NorthFloridaKev

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Juan Foote
I can tell you this. Don't eat at Jollibee.
I am/was shocked there was a Jollibee there. I have spent a lot of time in the Philippines, where Jollibee is much beloved. Never liked it personally, and never thought it would appeal to American tastes, so I'm kinda shocked they crossed the ocean with it.
Old 09-06-20, 07:40 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by NorthFloridaKev
I am/was shocked there was a Jollibee there. I have spent a lot of time in the Philippines, where Jollibee is much beloved. Never liked it personally, and never thought it would appeal to American tastes, so I'm kinda shocked they crossed the ocean with it.

I found out after my debacle there that it's pretty much the Phillipino answer to McDonalds.

I got EXTREMELY sick. My doctor said he would have went with Norovirus except for a symptom or two. The only thing that really makes sense is Salmonella and then bad gut biome. I was sick over the entire month all said and lost ~30# from it. The funny part is that I sent word both to the store and their corporate entity and haven't gotten so much as a we are sorry back.