Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Di2 wireless connection to E-tube app

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-21, 03:21 PM
Blokky27

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all

struggling with the above. Everywhere I look tells me on the Junction A that I should hold the button down until the red and green lights flash alternately. However that just doesn’t happen for me. I get (1) red light constant, then (2) red light flashing fast and finally (3) red and green flashing slowly together - never do they flash alternate colours.

I have d-fly (I use it to display gears and Di2 battery level on my Garmin). Anyone got any ideas?

thanks
Jem
Old 03-16-21, 03:45 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Liked 1,734 Times in 1,010 Posts
Sounds like you are holding it down too long. Should only take a second to get the flashing lights.

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 03-16-21, 03:53 PM
Blokky27

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Sounds like you are holding it down too long. Should only take a second to get the flashing lights.
but I don’t ever get those lights.,. Not even after a brief hold. Anything up to a second - nothing. More than that and I go into the sequence I’ve quoted above...

Last edited by Blokky27; 03-16-21 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-16-21, 04:18 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Have you disconnected your battery for a few mins to see if it needs to be reset?

Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 03-16-21, 04:24 PM
Blokky27

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Have you disconnected your battery for a few mins to see if it needs to be reset?
No - not sure I even know where the battery is. Is it inside the Junction box below the handlebars. And if so do you suggest I disconnect the two wires for a few seconds and then reconnect?
Old 03-16-21, 04:38 PM
jaxgtr

Originally Posted by Blokky27
No - not sure I even know where the battery is. Is it inside the Junction box below the handlebars. And if so do you suggest I disconnect the two wires for a few seconds and then reconnect?
Can you access via eTube app without touching the junction box? Is the junction under your stem or in the handlebar? Wondering your phone is connected to DFly and causing the issues. I had an instance of dfly staying connected to my phone, until I pull the cable from the DFly unit to disconnect it and reset it . Not sure where you DFly unit is located, but you might want to try that

Old 03-16-21, 05:02 PM
jaxgtr

You know the more I think of it, if you can't enter pairing mode, that leads me to believe you are already paired with something or your DFly isn't working correctly.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 03-16-21 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-16-21, 08:30 PM
MidTNBrad

Bikes: 2016 Cervelo R3 & 1999 Litespeed Tuscany

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts
How old is your bike? I have a 6800 version Ultegra Di2 on mine and the dfly unit is ANT only, no Bluetooth. I can only connect to via a PC and a USB cable.

Edit: I re-read your post and it does sound like you may have an old version. I think the flashing sequence is running you thru manual, semi synchro, and fully synchro modes.

Last edited by MidTNBrad; 03-16-21 at 08:36 PM.
Likes For MidTNBrad:
Old 03-16-21, 09:00 PM
MidTNBrad

Bikes: 2016 Cervelo R3 & 1999 Litespeed Tuscany

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 138 Times in 79 Posts
You might look here too.
https://www.bikeforums.net/bicycle-m...-di2-help.html
Old 03-16-21, 09:26 PM
jaxgtr

Originally Posted by MidTNBrad
How old is your bike? I have a 6800 version Ultegra Di2 on mine and the dfly unit is ANT only, no Bluetooth. I can only connect to via a PC and a USB cable.

Edit: I re-read your post and it does sound like you may have an old version. I think the flashing sequence is running you thru manual, semi synchro, and fully synchro modes.
Oh good call, I did not even think of that.

Old 03-16-21, 10:04 PM
sfrider 
Asleep at the bars

Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked 203 Times in 135 Posts
I just checked on R8000 Di2, and the red/green LEDs blink alternatingly after only holding the button down for some fraction of a section, then after that it goes on to solid red and so on. As suggested you may have an older Di2 that works differently. It would be hard to miss the alternating flashes.
"This 7:48 cycling session burned 5933 calories. Speed up recovery by replacing them with a healthy snack." - Whoop

Old 03-20-21, 07:07 AM
Greatestalltime

Bikes: Tcr advanced sl & Protos

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 33 Posts
If the battery isn’t outside of the frame it’s in the seatpost.

Just don’t drop the wire down there after you unplug it.