Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Specialized Turbo Cotton 24x700c (1 pair & 1 spare)

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-21, 12:12 PM
deux jambes

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 196 Posts

For sale: 3 Specialized Turbo Cotton 24x700c clincher tires ONLY (wheels & tires for display purposes only).

Extremely lightweight, super supple, fast rolling, pavement gripping, cotton walled tires.

I purchased a small lot of lightly used Turbo Cottons a while back, and mounted two of them as seen here. They have been an absolute joy to ride on, yet have only been ridden a handful of miles while in my possession. And now it’s time to pass them along as I’ve no longer a need for skinny tires.

From that lot, I initially sold a pair to a fellow here, and he reported he was very happy with them. He did have to patch a few minor cuts prior to mounting, and I had to do the same myself. These are very thin casings! That said, the mounted pair seen here have never flatted on me, and have always held air very well.

They run slightly small. Seen here, mounted on 19mm rims, and inflated to 90 psi, I measure 23.5mm wide with calipers.

There is good life life left in these tires, and the spare should serve just as well. I do recommend going over the casings in search of any cuts that may need patching however. Side walls appear damage free.

Considering that these tires retail for 80 bucks a piece, I hope you’ll find a bargain here in my asking price for the full set of three.

$49 shipped SOLD

Paypal F&F or add 3% G&S

Last edited by deux jambes; 04-23-21 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-14-21, 12:14 PM
deux jambes

Old 03-14-21, 10:05 PM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200, 1973 Raleigh Super Course FG, 1960/61 Montgomery Ward Hawthorne "thrift" 3 speed, by Hercules (sold) : 1966 Schwinn Deluxe Racer (sold)

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1739 Post(s)
Liked 1,014 Times in 696 Posts
I'm still happy with the tires! They sing brightly with a latex tube inside!
Old 03-15-21, 10:19 PM
deux jambes

Originally Posted by Unca_Sam
I'm still happy with the tires! They sing brightly with a latex tube inside!
Super happy to hear you’re still enjoying the tires. I imagine you’re squeezing the most out of their performance by using latex tubes!

I went with Specialized Turbo Talc tubes. Perhaps not as hi-po as latex, but extremely light nonetheless.

Bottom line, these tires deserve high shelf tubes.
Old 04-21-21, 08:32 AM
deux jambes

Alright, you all drive a hard bargain. I get it. Skinny tires aren't as popular as they used to be. And these ones have a few miles on them. So how about if I try to motivate a sale by dropping the price to...

$49 shipped SOLD

Last edited by deux jambes; 04-23-21 at 08:42 PM.