Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Tacx Flux S Cassette Installation Problems, HELP!

Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Tacx Flux S Cassette Installation Problems, HELP!

Old 04-20-21, 07:16 AM
TwistedHip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Tacx Flux S Cassette Installation Problems, HELP!

I've recently bought a Tacx Flux S second hand off ebay. It was a factory replacement that wasn't used and has 12 months warranty and seems to have the multisys free hub attached which should be compatible with the cassette I have purchased I believe.

I purchase a cassette the same one as one my current bike. A Shimano Alivio 9 Speed 11-34T. I've also bought the spacer kit, another lockring from edco, locking tool etc etc, the whole shebang and still can't get this setup.

I have photos but since this is my first post apparently I can't add them . The cassette sits fine on the hub, and it has the flat back, not recessed, so the 1mm spacer should not be used as far as I can tell. But both lock rings I have seem to be the wrong size. They are too wide for the inner part it's supposed to lock too. Can anyone help? I presume I just need to find the right lock ring but can't figure out which I need and can't just keep on buying and buying til I find the right one. Or do I have to purchase the specific Shimano hub for this to work?
Old 04-20-21, 09:31 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having this problem with your trainer. Upload some pictures to an album in your gallery and we can rescue them and post them here for you.

On edit: I see they have their own weird cassette body. I think you might have to ask garmin about the lock ring.
They are fairly responsive.

Last edited by unterhausen; 04-20-21 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-20-21, 12:29 PM
TwistedHip

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks I'll look to upload the photos shortly.

I've posted in an another group and someone pointed me to the lockring part I looked at before but it's a US supplier. I pulled the part number off an article on it. Unfortunately when I search for that and found what I believed was the UK supplier of said ring, it turns out it was a different part. A lot of places are aren't clear on specifications that's the trouble or part numbers.
Old 04-20-21, 12:45 PM
TwistedHip

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
unterhausen Unfortunately any link to get to the gallery seems to redirect me to the register page and then obviously tells me I'm already registered
Old 04-21-21, 08:34 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
That's weird, does that happen when you click on the "add album" link on the right of your profile?
Old 04-22-21, 11:33 AM
TwistedHip

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The original link that is shown when I click that button looks like an album edit item but it still redirects me to the register page and tells me am already registered.

I think I have the right lockring purchased now, as I reached out on many groups/forums. If that doesn't work then I'll reach out to Tacx I guess and go from there.
Likes For TwistedHip: