Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lifetime warranty light

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Lifetime warranty light

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-22, 04:29 PM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Lifetime warranty light

Walk in with your old light walk out with a new one

how many people can do THAT. With their top notch $100+ bike light. That they bought online

i feel like little to no people have thought to see what flash lights Home Depot has that come with a life time warranty.

I called a verified that this model is an “in store” model which is able to be replaced in and at any Home Depot.
It has the highest lumens in low mode than the rest. That offer the same replacement opportunities.

im getting one gonna strap it to my helmet

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coast-Po...0351/313083867

Last edited by Nofiltercycling; 10-10-22 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-10-22, 05:01 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
That looks way more compact and convenient than a conventional USB-rechargeable bike light.

1.13 ounces

If anything goes wrong, I can return it to REI. Or just get another one.

As an additional merit, if I do get in an accident, I won't have a huge heavy disposable battery flashlight driven through my helmet and into my skull.

Last edited by Polaris OBark; 10-10-22 at 05:05 PM.
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 10-10-22, 05:08 PM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark
That looks way more compact and convenient than a conventional USB-rechargeable bike light.

1.13 ounces

If anything goes wrong, I can return it to REI. Or just get another one.

As an additional merit, if I do get in an accident, I won't have a huge heavy disposable battery flashlight driven through my helmet and into my skull.
your so right because how long is it going to take you to replace a Bontragar light for example vs one from the Home Depot. That Home Depot light works off of batteries plus more. Have a look. Well you know I heard someone fell that had a light like that and it flew down their throat and they choked to death.

Last edited by Nofiltercycling; 10-10-22 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-10-22, 05:12 PM
njkayaker

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4260 Post(s)
Liked 1,364 Times in 945 Posts
Originally Posted by Polaris OBark

1.13 ounces
200 lumens versus 800 (supposedly).
Old 10-10-22, 05:25 PM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2241 Post(s)
Liked 3,443 Times in 1,802 Posts
OK,

$50 Cygolite

How many photons with the duct-tape mounted flashlight emit 1.5 hours into the ride?

How many people will die laughing before it is declared a mass casualty event?
Likes For Polaris OBark:
Old 10-10-22, 08:03 PM
GAtkins

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR7 Project One 62cm- 2010 Specialized Allez 61cm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Nofiltercycling
Walk in with your old light walk out with a new one

how many people can do THAT. With their top notch $100+ bike light. That they bought online

i feel like little to no people have thought to see what flash lights Home Depot has that come with a life time warranty.

I called a verified that this model is an “in store” model which is able to be replaced in and at any Home Depot.
It has the highest lumens in low mode than the rest. That offer the same replacement opportunities.

im getting one gonna strap it to my helmet

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Coast-Po...0351/313083867

That thing weighs more than a can of Coke and runs on FOUR AA batteries.

Glenn
Old 10-10-22, 08:38 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 523 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 182 Posts
There is a good reason why Home Depot can offer a 100% free exchange. First is the $40 price for a fairly simple flashlight. That's for a light without including the rechargeable battery. It probably will not accept the universally available 18650 Li-ion battery because lights that use either one use 3 AAA batteries. You can't fit 4 AAA batteries in the space used by the 18650 battery. That's probably because all of the Coast batteries include a charging port in the battery housing so the battery has a larger diameter than a 18650 battery. The COAST ZITHION-X rechargeable batteries are expensive - from $15 to $25 each.

I compare it to the $8 focusable 900 lumen CREE XML-T6 flashlight that I have used for several years as my front nighttime bike light. The body on mine is aluminum, yours is made of plastic. The advantage of having an aluminum body is for heat dissipation. Heat kills LEDs so the better the heat transfer, the longer the LED is likely to survive when used in the highest mode. Plastic is far worse for transferring heat away from the LED. I can buy the best available 18650 battery (NCR/Panasonic 18650, 3,400 mAh) and get two or more for what one Coast battery costs. I already own a couple of good Nitecore chargers so don't find the direct charge option a plus.

I have some flashlights that have both the regular front light and a side COB light. I find them damned annoying when you accidentally turn on the COB when you are looking at the flashlight. It's something I would not want or need in a bike light.