Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Bianchi Serial Number Identification

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-11, 09:05 PM
Hangtownmatt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, one more photo:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SSC_0455.jpg (11.4 KB, 455 views)
Old 05-30-11, 10:28 AM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BUMP ... Anybody ?
Old 05-30-11, 10:54 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Originally Posted by dubeduze
Hey! i just bought a Bianchi frame for 25 euro's. I would like to know the type and year of the frame. The framenumber is B2684. Anyone here who can help me? Links for the pics are below. I also have a Gianni Motta peronal 2001,if anyone has any info on that one,pls tell me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/4522469...n/photostream/

thanks!!!!
Hello, I missed this somehow, what is the frame materiel? looks like '93/94ish. is that seatpost stuck? do a search there are lots of threads about it.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-30-11, 10:58 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Originally Posted by Hangtownmatt
I picked this up off Craigslist last week. All I know about the Squadra is what I've read here and elsewhere on the internet. Helpful, but seeing as how it is not the most popular or sought after model the amount of information is not that abundant. I'd appreciate any info I can get.

Serial Number:
Drive side of BB - 11524
Other side - C . 6
Bianchi is stamped into the BB underneath a cable guide

Components:

Handlebar - ITM ? (Made in Italy)
Stem - ?
Brake Levers - ? OEM were Universal
Brake Calipers - Universal Squadra
Crank - Dust caps Omega; Arms say Bianchi OEM Bianchi branded Ofmega
Drive Train:
Shimano 600 Down Tube Shifters
Shimano 600 FD
Shimano 600 RD (SIS)
Wheels:
Ambrosia 19 Extra Elite Durex
Front Hub and Rear hubs ? (have oilers) OEM were Ofemga Mundial
Rear Freewheel/Cassette ? Shimano MF-Z012

I'm not sure if this thread is the place but I'm curious about those hub oilers. I've never seen anything like that. How are they used? I would also like to know how to remove this particular freewheel or cassette. My Park FR-1 tool slips in snugly but the freewheel isn't breaking loose. I don't want to force anything until I know for sure.

nice looking Bianchi

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-30-11, 11:08 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Sorry, one more photo:
your Bianchi apears to be a '86 Squadra, it was the bottom of Bianchis "performance" grouping that year. the OEM drive train was Ofmega it was a an all Italian bike for a price point between the Brava and Limited.

the Formula frames were very nice they were custom drawn for Bianchis famous SuperSet frameset, wich incorperates a heavy for guage downtube and chainstays to make the bottom stiffer for climbing and sprinting but it still give a soft ride.

the oilers on the hub are mostly a holdover from the days when people actually oiled there hubs. Campi still had them in those days so most of the 'clones' had them too. your better off just overhauling the hubs in the traditional manner.

the color is Mediterrainean Blue

hope this helps

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-30-11, 11:09 AM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
Hello, I missed this somehow, what is the frame materiel? looks like '93/94ish. is that seatpost stuck? do a search there are lots of threads about it.
Nope. The seat post isn't stuck.

The seat post sticker says:
Tubi Rinforzati
Formula Two
Produzione Columbus

at the bottom of the seat post is a sticker that says "Made in Italy"

The Fork Sticker says:
Foderi
Forcella
Formula Columbus
Old 05-30-11, 11:13 AM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope. The seat post isn't stuck.

The seat post sticker says:
Tubi Rinforzati
Formula Two
Produzione Columbus

at the bottom of the seat post is a sticker that says "Made in Italy"

The Fork Sticker says:
Foderi
Forcella
Formula Columbus
Please disregard. I got this confused with your response to the OP.
Old 05-30-11, 11:15 AM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
your Bianchi apears to be a '86 Squadra, it was the bottom of Bianchis "performance" grouping that year. the OEM drive train was Ofmega it was a an all Italian bike for a price point between the Brava and Limited.

the Formula frames were very nice they were custom drawn for Bianchis famous SuperSet frameset, wich incorperates a heavy for guage downtube and chainstays to make the bottom stiffer for climbing and sprinting but it still give a soft ride.

the oilers on the hub are mostly a holdover from the days when people actually oiled there hubs. Campi still had them in those days so most of the 'clones' had them too. your better off just overhauling the hubs in the traditional manner.

the color is Mediterrainean Blue

hope this helps
This helps. Thank You Very Much.
Old 05-31-11, 01:19 PM
johnlh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just picked up this older lugged Bianchi built as you see pictured for $100. As far as I know, only the cranks, headset, and handlebars are original (possibly). the serial number is: KS307946

The dropout pictured is stamped "BIANCHI", so it is not on of the Neuvo Record with Campy dropouts. I would like to know the year/model of manufacture, if the blue paint and painted pantographs are original, and what the original specs for this bike were.

The singlespeed set up is fun, but I will probably use the non-original parts to build another bike to flip. The frame will most-likely be rebuilt close to it's original form, or as a functional touring bike.

Thanks in advance for any information that you may have.

John
https://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/johnlh/

Last edited by johnlh; 05-31-11 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Edited to fix photo link
Old 05-31-11, 01:24 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

your links are not working

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-31-11, 02:39 PM
johnlh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They should be working fine now. Thanks.
Old 05-31-11, 02:59 PM
Reco Very
bikenut

Bikes: too many to list

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 18 Posts
johnlh, I will be watching closely for that is almost identical to mine, and I have found that it is my favorite rider. The metallic blue looks real good when waxed. The large chainring on mine has been changed and doesn't look as nice as the original, but works great with 6 in the rear.
Old 05-31-11, 04:12 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Hi John, I think you have an '84 Special. it would but an upperend sport bike with Suntour ARX derailleurs and shimano Z series brakes.

PS now there is not alot to go one and that is assuming that CRC crankset and the Bianchi headset are original

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 05-31-11, 08:22 PM
johnlh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchigirll,

Thanks for your input. I'm still searching the net, but a guy on roadbikereview just posted a frame similar to mine, but with slightly different lug work on the headtube. His bike has an identical crankset.

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=250019
Old 05-31-11, 11:00 PM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I picked this up off Craigslist last week. All I know about the Squadra is what I've read here and elsewhere on the internet. Helpful, but seeing as how it is not the most popular or sought after model the amount of information is not that abundant. I'd appreciate any info I can get.

Serial Number:
Drive side of BB - 11524
Other side - C . 6
Bianchi is stamped into the BB underneath a cable guide

Components:

Handlebar - ITM ? (Made in Italy)
Stem - ?
Brake Levers - ?
Brake Calipers - Universal Squadra
Crank - Dust caps Omega; Arms say Bianchi
Drive Train:
Shimano 600 Down Tube Shifters
Shimano 600 FD
Shimano 600 RD (SIS)
Wheels:
Ambrosia 19 Extra Elite Durex
Front Hub and Rear hubs ? (have oilers)
Rear Freewheel/Cassette ? Shimano MF-Z012

I'm not sure if this thread is the place but I'm curious about those hub oilers. I've never seen anything like that. How are they used? I would also like to know how to remove this particular freewheel or cassette. My Park FR-1 tool slips in snugly but the freewheel isn't breaking loose. I don't want to force anything until I know for sure.
I plan to use this bike. I live in the foothills of Northern California. The 53/42 crankset will not work. Normally, I'd choose a triple, but this bike seems so light I'm thinking compact double. Does anybody have a Shimano BB/Compact Crankset Combo recommendation? The problem, for me anyway, is knowing the correct BB spindle length. If this is the wrong thread for this tpe of question please don't hesitate to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Matt
Old 06-01-11, 06:17 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

I plan to use this bike. I live in the foothills of Northern California. The 53/42 crankset will not work. Normally, I'd choose a triple, but this bike seems so light I'm thinking compact double. Does anybody have a Shimano BB/Compact Crankset Combo recommendation? The problem, for me anyway, is knowing the correct BB spindle length. If this is the wrong thread for this tpe of question please don't hesitate to steer me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Matt
I know very little about compact cranks so I can reallt recomend on, but if you had cranks other than those Ofmegas I would suggest to simply change the rings. I only said this because I was thinking the Ofmegas were a 144BCD, I just checked and they may be a 130 but you may still having trouble getting a little ring much smaller than 40t

as for spindle length that is determined by the crank you wish to use. a Campi Centaur double uses say a 109 spindle. that spindle will be the same wether it goes in an Italain or English BB shell.

what you need to watch for while crack shopping is to be sure you can get a BB in Italian threading to fit your frame.

be very careful removing those cranks. I suggest cleaning the threads very very well. take the bolts out and try and spray som penetrating oil between the crank and spindle. be sure the puller threads in easily and is fully seated.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 06-01-11 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-06-11, 11:13 PM
Hangtownmatt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
be very careful removing those cranks. I suggest cleaning the threads very very well. take the bolts out and try and spray som penetrating oil between the crank and spindle. be sure the puller threads in easily and is fully seated.
I did as you said and still stripped one side. Oh well, the large chain rings and 144BCD wasn't going to work for me anyway. But still ... I hate to ruin anything. However, it's still usable and serviceable.

I picked up a ... cough ... Sugino XD-700 compact crank today. New for $75. I plan to match it with an Italian threaded UN54.
Old 06-06-11, 11:35 PM
mazdaspeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Does anyone know what columbus formula 2 actually is?
Old 06-07-11, 02:42 PM
bretv

Bikes: surly cross check, 1964 Bianchi Team Bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Folks. I just stumbled across this thread and thought I'd throw my Bianchi into the mix. I'm actually just about done restoring this bike (after a long, 2-year process), but here are the before photos:

https://www.bretvanhorn.org/vintage-b...fore-pictures/

This was my dad's bike, and he passed it on to me for my birthday a couple years ago. He was the third owner, and he actually tracked down the original owner around the time he gave the bike to me. It's a 1964 Team bike. Serial is 164584. The restoration is coming along nicely, despite a few bumps in the process and I should have photos of the finished project within the next week. Just a few minor things left to take care of.

I still need to save my money to get period-correct front and rear derailleurs, but in the meantime, the early '70s Suntour ones my dad put on years ago are working just fine.

As an aside, I saw some talk early on in this thread about starting an official Bianchi database. I didn't see if anyone had gotten around to it, but I do web development and can host and set up a basic database if people want to start entering in their bikes. Not sure how soon I could get it set up, but I do have a personal interest in seeing vintage Bianchis documented somewhere.

-Bret
Old 07-01-11, 06:39 PM
graymoment

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help identify my year/model?

Here is a link to pictures of my Bianchi.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1046252...eat=directlink

If the SN is on the frame just below the seat post, it is 1M 1801, I believe.

Any clue as to the year and model of this bike? I picked it up from someone who has had it sitting in their garage forever, but never rode it. I'm thinking of selling it because it is a tad too small for me. Which is a bummer, because I really like the idea of riding this thing around.

A few of the pics from that picasa album:

Thank you in advance.
Old 07-01-11, 07:04 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Nuovo Racing is the model, 12 Velo simply references the fact that it is a 12spd bike.

I am pretty sure the model year is '81. TreTubi Columbus/Modolo brakes/ Giepiemme (G.P.M) cranks. nice bike too bad you can't fool with the fit. that Charcoal color is nice

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 07-02-11, 07:13 PM
graymoment

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nuovo Racing is the model, 12 Velo simply references the fact that it is a 12spd bike.

I am pretty sure the model year is '81. TreTubi Columbus/Modolo brakes/ Giepiemme (G.P.M) cranks. nice bike too bad you can't fool with the fit. that Charcoal color is nice
Thank you, BianchiGirll. I appreciate your insight and knowledge. I'll look into possibly fooling around with the fit, but I may just end up selling it to someone who it would better fit. Any idea how to appraise something like this?
Old 07-14-11, 08:18 PM
Sikbug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just picked up a Bianchi Brava. The owner said it was made in Italy, but I just want to double check with the professionals here on this site.

The SN# under the BB is 691051.

It has a suntour Sprint rear derailer.
Modolo brakes,
Ofmego cranks?
An "Made in Italy" sticker on the frame.
Ambrosio 19 extra made in Italy elite wheels.
Foderi forcella Bianchi formula columbus chrome fork.
The frame sticker is a bit hard to read as it's in rough shape but looks like Tre Tubi Rinforza, Formular Two Bianchi, chromo, columbus, that's about all I can read.

I have pics on flikr but I couldn't get them to post on here for some reason. I'll figure it out if they are needed.
Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-17-11, 02:39 PM
Sikbug

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Should I feel comfortable that the made in Italy sticker is true and they didn't just throw it on the frame?
Old 07-17-11, 03:07 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

HI. I don't know how I missed this. your Brava certainly seems like a "made in Italy" from '85-87ish

can you post a link to your photostream?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.