Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Stronglight Altec Frame and Mafac Brake Components

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-19, 12:49 AM
Im Clueless

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Hello,

I have a large assortment of Mafac Raid, Competition, Racer and 2000 brake callipers and spare components. All are unused and I have lots of sets in their original packaging; however a lot of components require a good polish and some of the brake pads have undergone a lot of natural deterioration during storage.
Market research is very ambiguous and I`d really appreciate if someone could give me a more accurate true value.
If anyone has any special interest in any of these components or would like anymore information, please feel free to drop me a message and I`ll get back to you ASAP.

Stronglight Altec bicycle frame (size: 535x535)- New old stock (Unused) with some very minor marks in the paintwork - Serial no. 52A 903

Likes For Im Clueless:
Old 07-09-19, 01:08 AM
Im Clueless

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
If a Mod sees this thread, would it be possible for them to change the title to `Stronglight Altec Frame and Mafac Brake Components` please?
Old 07-10-19, 06:26 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
No idea about the frame, but those are some nice brakes. I think the market may be a little softer for Raids now that there are Rene Herse brakes available, but you should be able to sell them for $100-$150. There are so many Racers in the world that they go for $35. Not sure about those competitions, they look great so you might get a bit more for them. Also not sure about the cantilevers.
Old 07-10-19, 07:23 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
If you become a paying member of BF ($10 a year I think), you can sell on the C&V for sale forum and escape the eBay fees. These will sell.

I really like those competitions and they are worth more, especially with those brake levers, than the racers.

I've been buying mafac racers on and off. Clean sets tend to go for right around $35 on eBay where prices are high for anything "vintage." Clean and new is worth more but maybe not a lot more given how many of those are out there.
Old 07-10-19, 08:48 AM
zukahn1 

Bikes: Current 79 Nishiki Custum Sport, Jeunet 620, notable previous bikes P.K. Ripper loop tail, Kawahara Laser Lite, Paramount Track full chrome, Raliegh Internatioanl, Motobecan Super Mirage. 59 Crown royak 3 speed

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 1,739 Times in 630 Posts
Originally Posted by bikemig
If you become a paying member of BF ($10 a year I think), you can sell on the C&V for sale forum and escape the eBay fees. These will sell.

I really like those competitions and they are worth more, especially with those brake levers, than the racers.

I've been buying mafac racers on and off. Clean sets tend to go for right around $35 on eBay where prices are high for anything "vintage." Clean and new is worth more but maybe not a lot more given how many of those are out there.
+1 The brakes look really nice you can like get $80 or so for each set here on BF in a couple of days without much hassle. As for the frame set it is likely a bit tougher sell you will likely have to go go international on evil bay to get a good price I would guess $200 or so plus shipping.
Old 07-13-19, 04:11 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 279 Post(s)
Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
Liked 4,586 Times in 1,764 Posts
I paid €125 for this last year. FWIW.

Likes For non-fixie:
Old 07-13-19, 08:16 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 823 Times in 532 Posts
I was thinking similar about the frameset. Similar Vitus 979 framesets are struggling to get anything over 200 bucks in most cases, because of the depressed C&V market AND, the continuing prejudice (mostly unjustified, IMO.) against all bonded and aluminum C&V frames (As you can see in recent and recurring posts in the C&V forum.). But you might be able to find a buyer that will be interested in the less common and a bit more aesthetically pleasing Altec (because of the nicer lug profiles). Plus you have NOS condition and a popular size in your favor. So maybe around $250 to $275 on a very good day, to the right buyer. If the retro bike fad ever comes back again, then there might be hope of getting more money from bonded framed C&V bikes again. But in the near future?, I just don't see it....

Last edited by Chombi1; 07-13-19 at 08:20 PM.