Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cannondale CAAD5 R500 (2005) $600- worth the price?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-20, 08:21 AM
Happyharry12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hope I'm posting in the right place this time. Hi and appreciate your opinion since I'm no bike expert by any means. I can purchase this bike for $600 and wondering if that fee is fair. This is the description:

Lightly used Cannondale CAAD5 R500 from circa 2005; in excellent condition - recently cleaned/tuned Road bike that was professionally set up as a hybrid (with Origin 8 riser bars and Shimano Alivio shifter controls) to enable a comfortable upright riding posture (see pics) USA made 60cm Synapse frame;Cannondale Slice Ultra carbon forkGipiemme T3 alloy wheelsShimano Tiagra derailleur in front and 105 in the rear9-speed cassette; TruVativ 3-speed cranksCarbon fiber seatpost
Wheel size 700c
Old 10-05-20, 08:28 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10238 Post(s)
Liked 5,185 Times in 2,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Happyharry12
Hope I'm posting in the right place this time. Hi and appreciate your opinion since I'm no bike expert by any means. I can purchase this bike for $600 and wondering if that fee is fair. This is the description:

Lightly used Cannondale CAAD5 R500 from circa 2005; in excellent condition - recently cleaned/tuned Road bike that was professionally set up as a hybrid (with Origin 8 riser bars and Shimano Alivio shifter controls) to enable a comfortable upright riding posture (see pics) USA made 60cm Synapse frame;Cannondale Slice Ultra carbon forkGipiemme T3 alloy wheelsShimano Tiagra derailleur in front and 105 in the rear9-speed cassette; TruVativ 3-speed cranksCarbon fiber seatpost
Wheel size 700c

If it’s the right fit and it makes you happy, the price was right.
Old 10-07-20, 06:32 AM
audiomagnate

Location: Omaha, the most bike unfriendly city in the Midwest!

Bikes: Cannondale Six 5, 89 Trek race bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 19 Posts
I guess it depends on the local market but I wouldn't pay that much for a fifteen year old bike with low end components. Is 60 cm your size?