Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Requesting a mod review

Old 02-27-19, 11:05 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
Requesting a mod review

How do I request a review of a moderators actions in a thread without risking being seen as high maintenance? Is there a review process.

In a recent reported thread I asked for some offensive wording that violated the TOS to be removed. Mods intervened in the thread and told all concerned to cool it (which I agree completely with) but the offending wording remains unedited.
I don't want to bug the mods over a closed issue (in a sense) but feel the original issue wasn't dealt with and it is quite offensive.
Old 02-27-19, 12:47 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
I think you have just expressed that here. It is up to the moderators' discretion to interpret the forum rules, and where/when/how some things are allowed or not. It may be that the forum you are talking about has relaxed guidelines. But, all in all, the top staff member here is Siu Blue Wind.
Old 02-27-19, 02:15 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,313 Times in 706 Posts
The thread in question has been dealt with properly now I think. Thanks all
Old 02-28-19, 11:38 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
Liked 1,391 Times in 891 Posts
Because this is run by volunteers, please remember that our process takes time. It is done when our moderators are able to come on here during their work breaks, their lunch hours, on the way home while driving in the car and perhaps after dinner when there's some down time. We do require that when a post gets reported, there is a minimum of at least three moderators who will go over the thread, chime in on where the issues are and discuss whatever action should be done, and that includes the possibility of infractions. Sometimes something is left there so the other moderators can see it.

If there is such an emergency to where something does have to be handled immediately, please email me at siubluewind@bikeforums.net. It will ping me at work, I will find someone to replace me at my work station and I will get on it immediately. But please, if it is not urgent, please consider the time that it takes for people to get away from their daily jobs and family obligations to alleviate any issues that may offend you.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 03-01-19, 08:44 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18318 Post(s)
Liked 15,261 Times in 7,219 Posts
Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind
Because this is run by volunteers, please remember that our process takes time. It is done when our moderators are able to come on here during their work breaks, their lunch hours, on the way home while driving in the car