Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Can't make a decision

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Can't make a decision

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-19, 10:48 AM
cflesch16

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't make a decision

I have been in the market for a new bike for some time. I plan to use this bike on the street to commute 85% of the time and the other 15% will be riding on gravel trails. I have looked at quite a few bikes and since this is the first bike I am actually purchasing in my life I would like to keep the price low.

I am curious if disc brakes are really difficult to adjust yourself. Many of my friends that cycle site this as a reason I should not get a bike with disc brakes.

Also, some of the bikes that have been suggested to me have front suspension. Is this something I should really consider getting if I am planning to take the bike on 30-50 gravel trail rides but do not intend to "off road" with it.

The bikes I have been looking at are a 2018(read: discounted) LIV alight 2 $460 or the Alight 3 with cantilever brakes $380
The REI CO-OP CTY 2.1 $699 ($595 on sale currently)
The Cannondale Quick CX ($685)
The Electra Loft 7D ($499)

I would love some answers to my questions and your opinion of what bike would suit me best. Thank you!