Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hutchinson Warranty Contact

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 07-15-19, 11:19 AM
BigPoser

Bikes: BAHL Giro, BAHL Uno, BAHL GVL, Cuevas

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts

Does anyone have some reliable contact info for Hutchinson Tires? I've emailed them, sent these pictures via Instagram, and have had my LBS contact them as well and still crickets.

What the hell is happening to my tires? They are only about 1.5 years old and have gotten worse it seems. TBH, nothing has happened while riding them, but I don't want anything to end up happening either while riding them. They have only been set up tubeless with nothing more than 80psi.

Looks crazy and I'm kinda freaked out. The tires themselves have been amazing, but I don't like the current situation all that much.

Old 07-15-19, 11:45 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20801 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
I don't know, but if your communications included "only about 1.5 years old," I can see how they might be reluctant to get back to you.

What are your realistic expectations? A replacement probably isn't going to happen and, for liability reasons, I don't think that anyone with the company is going to tell you that it's perfectly normal and safe to ride (even if it is perfectly normal and safe to ride). Considering your contact efforts thus far, I wouldn't expect a response at this point. Moving forward, I'd consider whether I felt that I'd gotten my money out of them; factor the 1.5 years worth of conditions, in both use and storage, and let that shape your replacement purchase decision.
Old 07-15-19, 01:45 PM
BigPoser

Bikes: BAHL Giro, BAHL Uno, BAHL GVL, Cuevas

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
I don't know, but if your communications included "only about 1.5 years old," I can see how they might be reluctant to get back to you.

What are your realistic expectations? A replacement probably isn't going to happen and, for liability reasons, I don't think that anyone with the company is going to tell you that it's perfectly normal and safe to ride (even if it is perfectly normal and safe to ride). Considering your contact efforts thus far, I wouldn't expect a response at this point. Moving forward, I'd consider whether I felt that I'd gotten my money out of them; factor the 1.5 years worth of conditions, in both use and storage, and let that shape your replacement purchase decision.
I would like them to tell me what the hell is happening to them and maybe they can offer something in return. Tell me not to use them anymore. Tell me they're good to go. I don't know exactly, but tell me something. Truth be told they likely only have about 1000 miles on them and this isn't the first time I've asked about this same issue. Considering the cost of a solid tubeless tire I shouldn't have to replace them after only 1000 miles. I've personally never seen this happen on ANY tire that are much older and have way more miles on them.

Seems to me that either they don't care about what is happening or their customer service is just that crappy. Either case, I can't and likely won't buy anything from them again. I mean seriously, even if they don't do anything, the least they could do is respond back telling me that.
Old 07-15-19, 01:56 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
I don’t expect mounted tires to last that long. Once tires are out in the elements, the clock is ticking. Rubber degrades over time.
Old 07-15-19, 02:16 PM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
Isn't Hutchinson a french company? They probably got 6 weeks off for Bastille Day.

In seriousness I've never dealt with their customer service but I've never been impressed with their road tires. My wife used them for a while and constantly had flats. I had to rescue her a couple times when she ended up going through multiple tubes on a ride.

I know some folks like their new gravel tires but I'm pretty well turned off from them because of past experiences.
Old 07-15-19, 02:51 PM
u235

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked 133 Times in 86 Posts
Can't help you. Only I've emailed them and supplied pictures for an issue and got the same crickets. Mine was a new tire with a different type of issue.