Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Guitars...the other N+1

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Guitars...the other N+1

Old 11-07-19, 08:13 AM
ls01
he said member

Bikes: yes please

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Sertsa View Post
I considered that and tried it a bit. I love the sound, but I wasn't doing so well at it. So I put the guitars away for a while. I did play some earlier tonight, though, and my fingers seem okay so far. I'll have to see how they are tomorrow.
What exactly is the problem with your fingers?
Old 11-07-19, 12:20 PM
Sertsa

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ls01 View Post
What exactly is the problem with your fingers?
My skin became sensitive to certain substances during a long hospital stint. It's sort of like an allergic reaction, I suppose. My fretting fingers began badly cracking, peeling, and bleeding. I tried a few treatments but nothing helped until I stopped playing.
Old 11-15-19, 01:20 PM
mort1369

Bikes: Raleigh USA Technium Olympian, Kona Hahanna single-speed, Trek 420 Three Speed Fixie, Bianchi road bike a.k.a "Kenneth", Trek 720 hybrid/bike of burden, Trek 1200 ZX 'Superleggera' project, Trek 800 (for the taller relatives), Trek 400 fixie.

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 13 Posts
N+1 applies to strings as well.. .

Fisheye Jackson by John Mortensen, on Flickr
Likes For mort1369:
Old 11-15-19, 07:12 PM
skidder
Cereal Killer

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 52 Posts
My skin became sensitive to certain substances during a long hospital stint. It's sort of like an allergic reaction, I suppose. My fretting fingers began badly cracking, peeling, and bleeding. I tried a few treatments but nothing helped until I stopped playing.
Search around on YouTube and you should be able to find some videos from a British session bass player who uses thin gloves due to some medical condition in his fretting hand (I seem to recall it might be nerves?). He has one video where he explains why he wears them; seems legit, but in any case he plays a mean bass with the gloves on.
Old 11-15-19, 07:54 PM
Stormsedge

Bikes: 2017 Trek Domane SL6 Disc, 1990 Schwinn Crosscut Frankenroadbike, 2015 KHS Team 29 FS *NEW BIKE*, 2000 Gary Fisher Tassajara--gone but not forgotten

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 27 Posts
There are coated strings available also...not sure if that would be a sufficient or helpful barrier, but might be worth a try.
Old 11-15-19, 10:56 PM
wipekitty
vespertine member

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 638 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 109 Posts
Ha ha...my SO is up to five, and still shopping. One hollow body electric, two baritones, a 60s Sears special (actually used to be my dad's), and some other cheap electric guitar that needs to go. Don't get me started on pedals.

Between my bikes and drums, I really can't complain. Cymbals get really crazy really quickly.
Old 11-16-19, 10:31 AM
skidder
Cereal Killer

Bikes: Why yes, I do have a few! Thank you for asking!

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 52 Posts

Here's the YouTube video I mentioned above about the Brit with hand issues. Explanation starts at 5:00. Pretty interesting.

Old 11-16-19, 10:37 AM
Sertsa

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post
Search around on YouTube and you should be able to find some videos from a British session bass player who uses thin gloves due to some medical condition in his fretting hand (I seem to recall it might be nerves?). He has one video where he explains why he wears them; seems legit, but in any case he plays a mean bass with the gloves on.
I found it, thanks. I'll have to see if that helps.

Originally Posted by Stormsedge View Post
There are coated strings available also...not sure if that would be a sufficient or helpful barrier, but might be worth a try.
I tried some on my acoustic and the results were mixed (maybe as not all strings were coated). I could play longer, but eventually the skin started having issues. Thank you, though.
Old 11-16-19, 10:38 AM
Sertsa

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder View Post
Here's the YouTube video I mentioned above about the Brit with hand issues. Explanation starts at 5:00. Pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOVGrGBeqiI
Thanks again. That's the one I just watched, replied, then saw you posted it. I'll have to see if I have anything thin enough to work with guitar.
Old 11-16-19, 01:18 PM
texaspandj

Bikes: '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked 158 Times in 115 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have one to start an N+1.
But I just finished a couple of weeks ago repairing and setting up part of my sons tools of the trade . I think about a dozen. One custom made, one fender tele and the rest fender strats. He PLAYS them he's Not a collector. But I have two here I'll be working on as soon as I get over a bad cold/flu. But for now he's a happy camper, able to play all his guitars again.
Here's a pic of the two I have to work on. Fender strat special body with a deluxe big headstock neck and lipstick pick ups. The electronics need to be overhauled. The sound is bright and wild.
The other is a hohner tele with a 70s reissue tele/strat style big headstock neck. It needs a neck shim and complete setup. The pickups are hot.

Last edited by texaspandj; 11-16-19 at 02:09 PM.
Likes For texaspandj:
Old 11-16-19, 03:17 PM
Zinger
Trek 500 Kid

Bikes: '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts
You know you can butcher 3 songs with the bar chords to "Louie Louie" . . . "Hang on Sloopy" and "Wild Thing" are the rest.

I don't really think they're the right chords but they seem to work.
Old 11-16-19, 03:33 PM
Zinger
Trek 500 Kid

Bikes: '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj View Post
Unfortunately I don't have one to start an N+1.
But I just finished a couple of weeks ago repairing and setting up part of my sons tools of the trade . I think about a dozen. One custom made, one fender tele and the rest fender strats. He PLAYS them he's Not a collector. But I have two here I'll be working on as soon as I get over a bad cold/flu. But for now he's a happy camper, able to play all his guitars again.
Here's a pic of the two I have to work on. Fender strat special body with a deluxe big headstock neck and lipstick pick ups. The electronics need to be overhauled. The sound is bright and wild.
The other is a hohner tele with a 70s reissue tele/strat style big headstock neck. It needs a neck shim and complete setup. The pickups are hot.
Nice genuine Telecaster.

They say the Squier Affinity Telecaster copies can make a capable poor boy's axe . . . I wouldn't know. I have trouble tuning a radio. I can watch the band pretty good.
Old 11-16-19, 07:42 PM
ThermionicScott 
7-speed cultist

Bikes: 1991 Bianchi Eros, 1964 Armstrong, 1988 Diamondback Ascent, 1988 Bianchi Premio, 1987 Bianchi Sport SX, 1980s Raleigh mixte (hers)

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 2528 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 307 Posts
Don't forget amps! You can go nuts collecting tweeds, blackfaces, Marshalls, VOXes, etc.

And building your own amps is a sickness unto itself. I never got very good at playing guitar because there were always circuit tweaks to try.
People in this forum are not typical.
RUSA #7498
Old 11-16-19, 07:57 PM
texaspandj

Although only a chord player (and not a good one), Over the years I've acquired a few vintage and a lot of good quality guitars both acoustic and electric. But I play Bass in our band. Problem is, Everytime I start playing guitar on a regular basis, the string spacing messes with my meat and potatoes bass playing.
So the next guitar I get is gonna be nylon string Spanish Classical guitar because of the wider neck.
Old 11-17-19, 01:50 AM
Vintage Schwinn

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 33 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l_WuiRWxE

---------------

(remember that there are alternate ways of fingering the same exact chord shape...the best one is what works best at that moment in a song...)
Some fingerings WILL ALLOW for quicker and easier changing between certain chords......don't rule out any just because one book or
instructor teaches it differently.............the more you know......and the more you can figure out yourself.....the easier it is to play guitar.
REMEMBER the CAPO is always your friend! Never underestimate the power of the CAPO!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21twduWzao

Old 11-17-19, 04:41 AM
texaspandj

Dang that's a lot of videos. I'll have to give it a try.
Here's a video of our family band. My older son on guitar and my younger one (not on camera) on drums, and yours truly on bass. Just having some morning radio show fun.

Last edited by texaspandj; 11-17-19 at 04:50 AM.
Likes For texaspandj:
Old 11-22-19, 04:39 AM
Vintage Schwinn

The $50 with free shipping, NEW Chinese strat copies that I spoke about earlier are really decent players and very well made.
I have purchased about half a dozen of them over the past five or six years, and have given them all to friends after I finished
the neck with marine varnish polyurethane. Before mid 2018, you could get them with the traditional fender style headstock cut
but now in 2019, it seems that perhaps that fender didn't like that since my guess is that they (the squier bullets, squiers, and that
wal-mart/target/costco starcaster by fender decalled squier clone...) might be produced in the same chinese factories. They were
about six major Chinese instrument factories that I knew about in 2014 that were producing very high quality instruments from basic models to much more
expensive models, some of these factories were producing near copies of many classics and folks were bogue-ing them with decals
and nameplate such that they were difficult to tell which were which......some of the Chibsons have better workmanship than new
real G guitars that you'd buy from Musicians friend, Guitar Center, Music 123, etc for $1000. The Chibsons could be had
for less than $300. Customs confiscated some that some Chinese merchants had labelled as Gibsons, but the unlabelled copies
which were the same, without any labelling were high quality copies, and superb instruments. I DON'T AGREE WITH TRYING
TO LABEL A COPY SUCH THAT IT PRETENDS TO BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT IT IS. A decent sounding,
nice playing guitar, should be enjoyed and played. Folks that try to FAKE a F or G brand guitar are ______, well lets just say
that momma told me long ago that you shouldn't use words like that...
Nothing wrong with copies....but don't bogue em up and then try to pass them off as the real thing. I do know several folks that
play copies, or custom builds, and/or Squiers onstage that have had Fender waterslide decals put in place on the headstock, because
they feel like that people expect to see them using real F guitars onstage......so they decal them as such to avoid any stigma of
being the person playing a cheapie or knockoff. Heck, stock F guitars weren't so great at the end of the seventies and early
eighties, that Townshend was playing strat copies on the 1982 tour and we all know that Prince famously played a tele copy.
I'm not gonna get into the details but the Japanese in the late seventies taught Fender a lesson in how it should be done....
Tokai, Ibanez, others, and heck the early eighties Squiers were better than the real thing. The 3 bolt necks of the seventies
era were okay, but not as good as the old 4 bolt, I also don't think the large headstock shape of the end of sixties and seventies
was helpful at all. I have owned fifties, sixties, seventies Fender strats, teles and later ones. Yes, some are worth thousands
but as instruments they are not significantly better than a sub$100 copy that has a good neck, fretwork and a first class set up
and decent enough machine heads. As most decent players know, there are guitars that just for whatever reason just sound
really good and stand out, even though another same year model that is identical does not. How it feels and how it plays and
sounds will be a subjective judgement that different folks might have differing opinions. Don't get me wrong, Fender makes
great instruments today as they did in the past, but there were periods where the quality control just was not job one.
What makes the BOLT ON neck FENDER and fender style guitar so appealing is that it is so simple to set up and adjust, and
that you can easily get it intonated, as you have individual saddles and you've got simplicity in swapping components if you
wish to do that. The single coil pickups are probably great for any style other than some kind of dogs of doom, hell hound
metal trash that the tattooed, dog collared, nose pierced, tongue pierced screamers like to play.
LOOK at the following #'s on the bay for quality NEW china made strat copies in many colors for approx $50 with free shipping:

THE ABOVE NUMBERS are all strat copies, chunky baseball bat necks, good sounding pickups and good machine heads
some are rosewood fingerboards, and some are all maple fingerboards..........different COLORS...check them out!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here are two NO NAME tele copies
$95 free ship Stringing Thru The Body t-guitar copy that is decent #372688887400
$90 top Loaded String bridge t-guitar copy that is decent #254282758978 and 264384102812 and 123831573451
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
source for good $2 dunlop copy CAPO #312653233223
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you always have thought about rockin and rollin, even the cheapie strat copies are decent enough instruments
because they are so simple to adjust and set up, assuming that the necks are straight and frets are even, which
has been the case from the chinese factories.
Old 11-22-19, 07:15 AM
Vintage Schwinn

Here is friend of mine, Riley Williams, a fantastic guitarist, who once fronted a very funky electric blues rock band.
I recorded, and produced their live records. I have seen almost all of the greats since the late sixties.

here is a somewhat poor video with okay sound that shows Riley onstage with his strat --see v=u1zCq2DlnzA

Now folks if you wanna play Beatles songs, here you go, some pals of mine and you'll see Jeff Johnston playing
an inexpensive Blue no-name electric guitar, he plays an acoustic guitar on "her majesty"
Left to right on stage
JEFF JOHNSTON - electric guitar, acoustic gtr on her majesty
ED TURNER - keyboards
TIM ARBISI - bass guitar
JAMIE JONES - drums
ROGER DAVIS - vocals, telecaster
KIRKWOOD DEAL - strat
CHIP McDONALD - lead guitar
recorded live AUG 15, 2009 at IMPERIAL THEATRE , Augusta, GA USA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
recorded live AUG 16, 2008 at IMPERIAL THEATRE, Augusta, GA USA

Winterland, SAN FRANCISCO Aug 4, 1975

If you're old like me, you remember seeing Alvin with Ten Years After in concert with that big Red Gibson.
You probably might have seen Fanny opening for some major acts with June Millington with her big Gibson.
June is one of the great guitar players, her sister Jean is something else on bass. They were great live.
Find some old Youtube tv performances from the early seventies to see for yourself. They were really
good. Oh, they were nice looking as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many parts, pickups, replacement parts available for all types of electric guitars that one
who can play has enough basic knowledge to do most swaps, upgrades, customizing of instruments.
Because one can buy inexpensive but first-class replacement Bolt-on necks that have frets, and nut etc.,
that most anyone who plays the guitar can essentially "Build" there own.
EXAMPLES: see #202818285628 and #202816913599 and #254294864942 on the bay.
Those are just a few from several of the many sellers who carry such replacement necks.
One can even modify and build decent guitars from those very junky 1960's era Japanese no name and TEISCO
guitars that were mostly terrible except that some had very decent necks, and nice original shape thin hardwood
bodies. A few models have the Ry Cooder favorite pickup that is nice but many have awful junky ones and
mostly terrible bridges and terrible pots and switches. One can for example adapt SOAPBAR, or DOG-EAR
P-90 pickups, or the tele bridge and pickup, or a tune-O-matic bridge, or a hardtail six saddle top loading
strat bridge, and also many times keep the stamped chromed steel ashtray like TEISCO type tailpiece where
the strings attach. Many of those old funky inexpensive sixties Japanese electrics have nice low frets and a zero
fret and a 24 3/4 scale, and comfortable necks. Install decent machine heads and modify the bridge and replace
the pickups and pots, wires and switches and you can have a good sounding, fun guitar.
Many of the best of those el-cheapo Japanese guitars had just one pickup and a metal pickguard for noise
reduction. They all were terribly cheap compared to the decent $50 strat copies of today. Those ancient
unique Japanese electrics (e.g. Teisco/Heit/Decca...many names that importers gave them..) all were fairly
junky as far as the bridges, and pots, switches, etc, but the one thing that they had was nicely finished, mostly
mahogany necks, and nicely finished thin hardwood bodies...........a few also featured a laminated butcher block
neck which was narrow and fantastic for what it was....those were seen mostly on late sixties TEISCO guitars.
So, yes those inexpensive Japanese electrics that everyone had after The Beatles appeared on Sullivan and all
during the British Invasion era because even the student model Gibsons and Fenders were expensive for that era.
Those wacky sixties Japanese electrics can be played by decent players if tone controls are carefully adjusted
and care is given to feedback control, or if certain modifications are made to them.
They basically are just relics of a time when cheap electric guitars were significantly inferior to costly instruments.
Today's cheapies don't have any finish on the necks, where the ancient cheapies of the sixties had nicely varnished
necks, but terrible bridges and electric components, and terrible machine heads. One can argue that the wacky
Japanese sixties era cheapies have a unique sound because of their excessive cheapness and that is certainly true.
The quality as a playable instrument was Not Too Good, without significant modification on those ancient Teiscos and
other Japanese sixties era guitars. Today's $50 strat copy could easily be played on stage with only a set-up and
you could not tell that it was a $50 strat that was being played.
Within reason, some Worst Acts and other cheapo Maestro-Epiphone near garbage guitars that have mostly unclear
high output humbuckers can even be tweaked to be decently playable if the necks are straight and fretwork isn't too bad.
Some of the more recent Worst Acts, since about 2010 have decent sounding, proprietory design humbuckers and better
necks than some of the really garbage worst acts of the early 2000's. There are some cheapo Worst Act strat copies
that have good sounding single coil pickups and decent necks, and the only thing needing replacement is the poor covered
machine heads on those. Basically any Worst Act with a straight neck and decent frets can be made into a decent player.
Some of the Wal-Mart Worst Acts since about 2010 have been decent players out of the box. They have a few good looking
designs that have the decent humbuckers. You can probably find used Worst Acts for about $40 but make certain that the
neck isn't warped or twisted, otherwise you'll have to get a replacement bolt-on neck. Many folks already do that, but be
forewarned that if you go with a 25 1/2 scale aftermkt tele style or strat style neck, YOU WILL HAVE TO MODIFY-Relocate THE
BRIDGE SADDLE LOCATION if the guitar originally had a 24 3/4 scale.
There are several good looking Worst-Act electrics....meaning the body shape, color and design is nice.......make a good platform
to make a unique looking nice player from.
Most anything with a bolt-on neck offers anyone the ability to essentially build their own electric guitar. You don't have that luxury
with the set-neck electric guitars.
Old 11-27-19, 09:37 AM
Vintage Schwinn

$66.49 free shipping Jazz bass copy (382543914300 city-green)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Sunset-...53c:g:CbwAAOSw
REVIEW of Jazz bass copy (Glarry)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
$56.98 free ship P bass copy (312204374606 millionshare)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-7-Color...em480d4b24e:m:

$56.99 free ship P bass copy (312807244866 city-green)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Profess...MAAOSwMTlc70dC

REVIEW OF P bass copy (Glarry)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Glarry has a tele copy
https://www.glarrymusic.com/glarry-g...nset-p146.html
(the glarry tele copy is a top loading bridge and beneath the neck pickup is rectangular routing to accomodate a humbucker)
Review of Glarry and the tele copy (Glarry) is thoroughly examined and reviewed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These cheapies featured above are decent enough instruments. You could have fun with them.
As for any cheapie acoustic guitars, my advice to anyone seeking an acoustic guitar is to only consider a new YAMAHA in the
under $500 range. In my opinion, you can buy a new $120 free shipping F series Yamaha from the likes of musicians friend,
music 123, guitar center, Sweetwater, Sam Ash, and many others which will be a superior instrument to all other brands in the
sub $350 category and will be close in sound quality to many $500 guitars from major names. You cannot beat Yamaha if
you don't know how to tell what is a good acoustic instrument that sounds nice. Nobody builds better instruments in the sub
$1000 price range. The el-cheapo plywood new Yammies are really good. You might also find some SALES on higher line
Yamaha acoustics this time of year from those major sellers like musicians friend or sweetwater. Do not blindly go buy a
no-name acoustic guitar as a sub $300 cheapie UNLESS it says YAMAHA. If you've got an experienced, talented guitar
playing friend that can advise you on what if any no-name or other name brands are acceptable, you might be okay but I doubt
that they will come close to a compareable YAMAHA. With an acoustic guitar, the sound and quality depends on how
decent the engineering and construction of it is. Don't waste your money on something unless else unless an experienced
talented guitarist friend has played and examined that non-Yamaha acoustic and given his/her blessing on it.
Have fun! Consider getting yourself a guitar and learning how to play. As you've probably realized, most rock n roll, country,
folk, and blues greats, past and present were minimally educated and not rocket scientists, so don't you try to overthink it.
Old 11-27-19, 10:27 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 86 Masi NS, 87 50th Daccordi, 87 Guerciotti, 96 Serotta Colorado TI, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 08 Lemond Filmore, 12 Cervelo R3

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Stormsedge View Post
Recently had to have an Epiphone Riviera Custom...found one on reverb.com for a great price...$406 with case and shipping. A better guitar than I am player. This one fills the wall hangers, so n+1 may be a bit more challenging in the future. Of course, I had to have another amp too...found a Blackstar HT Club 40 (no picture, it's a tube combo) on the same site for a super price with a local pickup. Bring it on winter!
My idol especially when it comes to guitar collections is https://jbonamassa.com/guitars/
Old 11-27-19, 10:31 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 86 Masi NS, 87 50th Daccordi, 87 Guerciotti, 96 Serotta Colorado TI, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 08 Lemond Filmore, 12 Cervelo R3

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 22 Posts
Would like to see you all live. Do you have any scheduled 2020 gigs?
Old 11-27-19, 05:17 PM
texaspandj

Here's a sample of the Hohner tele I'm gonna work on. It needs a neck shim. Because of its high action it was used primarily as a slide guitar. Here my son is "attempting" to play with it lol. This is one of our original songs.
Old 11-27-19, 05:41 PM
texaspandj

Here's a sample of the black Strat that I need to work on, the electronics need to be overhauled. That's my son's on guitar and drums and me on bass with my first ever hangover/second all time worst hangover. It lasted 3 days and our roadie immediately jumps up after this last song to prevent an encore....It was brutal.
Old 12-01-19, 11:58 AM
Bob Ross
your god hates me

Bikes: 2018 Cannondale CAADX 105 SE, 2016 Richard Sachs, 2010 Carl Strong, 2006 Cannondale Synapse

Quoted: 436 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
I'm a bassist by trade, played professionally for 20+ years, so my bass collection is so large and geographically scattered that I don't have any pics of the whole quiver. But I play enough guitar to be dangerous, so this modest collection gets used often enough:

Old 12-06-19, 04:28 AM
Vintage Schwinn

The very tiny 9volt battery powered Danelectro HONEYTONE N-10 is on sale at Sweetwater for $15.99 free ship for the Burgandy colored version.
These HONEYTONE N-10 amps with a two inch speaker are not great amps, but they can be fun for fooling around outdoors or on the go.
Here is perhaps the most useful YOUTUBE demonstration for the Honeytone that anyone has ever made-------HONEYTONE Control Settings---

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Danelectro-...88f52fbe:g:Rbk
(see #174096461758 on the bay SWEETWATER ) ---------(for wall wart 9v power adapter that should work okay with it, see #122451146213 Doral Electronics)

The best very small practice guitar amplifier of all-time in my opinion is the VOX Pathfinder 10.
It does NOT have battery capability, as it is ONLY POWERED by plugging into an electrical outlet.
There are many Reviews and YOUTUBE demonstrations.
This particular YOUTUBE demonstration is worth seeing. There are others but you can weed through those on your own.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vox-Pathfin...:g:VhQAAOSwe2:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.