Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rear Axle Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-21, 03:13 PM
King4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rear Axle Shifting

Hi. I'm new to this forum but was looking for some help. I have a SunnySF-B1002/C cycling bike and the rear axle keeps shifting to one side. There is a C-Clip that is supposed to hold it in place, but only holds it for ~10 minutes before it shifts again. I've replaced the C-Clip multiple times to no avail. Nothing else on the bike seems off or out of place. Any advice would be appreciated as I'm ready to throw in the towel and start over.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-21, 06:12 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,720 Times in 1,004 Posts
have you contact the manufacturer? or looked on their site to see if they have any support or repair manuals?

Old 01-22-21, 07:54 AM
King4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
have you contact the manufacturer? or looked on their site to see if they have any support or repair manuals?
Yes, I contacted the manufacturer when the issue originally began a few months ago and they replied "the issue probably occurred during shipping and that I needed to replace the C-Clip on the rear axle". I went ahead and replaced the C-Clip and then the next day the C-Clip came out of its groove again and the axle shifted. Replaced the C-Clip a few more times, wouldn't stick. I replied to the manufacturer letting them know that even after replacing the C-Clip the axle was still shifting, and their only response was again to replace the C-Clip. I responded saying I had replaced it multiple times but it didn't staying and have not received a response back in the past week. It doesn't seem like they are going to be much help to me at this point.