Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Ghost Super Course 12 speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-14, 09:56 PM
RaleighSC12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ghost Super Course 12 speed

First post here (Thanks for letting me in the door!).

Out of love and guilt, I'm reviving my Raleigh Super Course 12-speed that I bought new; in what year I cannot remember exactly!

The Serial number is WK9003100, which looks to be a 1979(?) vintage made in Workshop/Nottingham. All original parts, except some of the steel cable covers a shop swapped out when doing a tune-up in 2002 It has suntour cyclone DR, weinmann concave rims and side-pull brakes, down tube shift.

I looked at a 1979 catalogue online, and do not see this bike (just the 10 speed). In fact, I can find precious little about it anywhere - lots of stuff on the 10 speed (photos, specs etc), but scarcely anything on the 12.

The bike has the following decals: "made by Raleigh of England", "Reynolds 513 butted tubing", "12-speed" "Carlton", "Super Course 12", "made in England", "Team Ti-Raleigh Winner Tour de France 1978 World Champions".

Hoping for some insight into this bike, where to find specs or more information...

Thanks much!!!!
Old 07-06-14, 06:06 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,924 Times in 1,491 Posts
Welcome to the forums. If all the specs but the number of gears match it could be the freewheel was upgraded after the catalog was printed or even a typo in the catalog.

Any pics?

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-08-21, 12:11 AM
RustyTurn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Refurbishing Raleigh Super Course 12. I have 1980 catalog. This is an old thread, is any still interested?