Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Transitioning your DI2 bike from trainer to road

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-20, 09:49 PM
Don23

Bikes: 2019 Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc DI2; 1975 Bianchi IDK what

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts

I'm sure most of you know this, but adjusting the RD on a DI2 bike is amazingly simple...making dialing in the RD for trainer and then for your rear wheel easy enough to do each time you switch. Press and hold the button until the light goes red putting it into program mode and use your right shift levers to adjust RD left or right until you have a quiet drive train, hit the button again and you're all set.

The video I used: https://youtu.be/P5EEd7eRUFY
Old 05-02-20, 08:59 AM
PoorInRichfield

Bikes: Trek Domane SL7 Disc, Cannondale F29

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 184 Posts
I take it you are finding yourself having to adjust Di2 each time you transition between your trainer and off?

I just entered into the world of Di2 this winter and am waiting for a thru-axle adapter to arrive for my trainer so I can put my new bike on it. I'm lazy and I switch between indoor training and outdoor riding quite often, so I'm looking for the "least amount of work" solution to this rear derailleur alignment issue. My plan so far is to have the same cassette on my trainer (Wahoo Kickr) as I do on my bike's rear wheel. If I find that shifting isn't exact between the two, I'm hoping I can use some thin spacer washers on the trainer to get perfect alignment of the cassette. Of course, using spacers can only move the cassette away from the trainer, so if the issue is that the cassette is already too far from the trainer, then I have a different problem to solve!
Old 05-03-20, 10:18 PM
Don23

Bikes: 2019 Bianchi Oltre XR3 Disc DI2; 1975 Bianchi IDK what

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts
I would say the process I outlined above would be easier