Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Lucifer Baby 800 Dynamo Light Setup

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-20, 09:36 PM
The Thin Man 

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 243 Times in 114 Posts

Up for grabs is a wonderful Lucifer Baby 800 dynamo light setup from the 1960s:

- Lucifer Baby 800 tire generator
- Lucifer 16 front light
- Union tail light

This set is in gorgeous shape as I've been holding on to it, keeping it for myself, waiting for the right build to come along (it clearly has not).
The chrome on the front (real metal chrome!) and rear light is in pristine shape. The front light has the slightest scuff/bump on the tip of the front edge. It's difficult to even pick up with the camera but I tried to highlight it in a shot below. The camera also picks up some small, strange lines/swirls on chrome close up shots but I assure you, that's only in the photographs. There are no noticeable flaws on the chrome. All glass on the front/rear light is clear and smooth.
The Baby 800 generator is also real chrome but shows a light dusting of pitting. Even with it, the patina is really something else.

Overall, the set is in exceptional vintage condition, all items are in working condition, coming with all necessary wires, cleaned and waiting for your build.

Price: $80 (net, through PayPal/Venmo) includes shipping to anywhere in the contiguous United States.

Last edited by The Thin Man; 09-19-20 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-10-20, 08:11 AM
tricky 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked 444 Times in 298 Posts
Very cool! And that name, holy cow.
Old 09-10-20, 09:57 AM
rustystrings61 

Bikes: 2002 Mercian Vincitore, 1982 Mercian Colorado, 1976 Puch Royal X, 1973 Raleigh Competition, 1971 Gitane Tour de France and others

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked 1,395 Times in 694 Posts
Didn't Fred DeLong write about those in glowing terms? My apologies for the pun, but seriously, my memory is he held them in high regard.
Old 09-10-20, 10:19 AM
The Thin Man 

Originally Posted by rustystrings61
Didn't Fred DeLong write about those in glowing terms? My apologies for the pun, but seriously, my memory is he held them in high regard.
Great question. I learned about their legendary performance through other sources but I'm certain others on the site can confirm/deny this.
A quick search shows something very similar to the Lucifer Baby 800 on his personal JB Louvet touring bike.

Old 09-19-20, 12:33 AM
The Thin Man 

These are tough to price because you don't see them much. Maybe I'm too high? Price reduced!