Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Oops, maybe bit off more that I can chew

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Oops, maybe bit off more that I can chew

Old 09-04-20, 07:19 PM
tigat

Bikes: 2021 Trek Checkpoint SL (GRX Di2), 2020 Domane SLR 9 (very green), 2016 Trek Emonda SL, 2009 Bianchi 928, 1972 Atala Record Pro

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 55 Posts
So the CO2UT Desert Gravel race is officially - and probably wisely - off, now targeting April 24 of next year. Probably for the best. My day job has intervened, which would have made this year a bit more than tough even if it was still happening.

I turned 64 last week. Part of me says I should be old enough to defer things with graciousness. Another part says the chances for new adventures are diminishing with the passage of time.

I think I'll pick door 1 and spend the winter deciding if I need to make some technical adjustments to the set-up. Maybe an 1 x 11 GRX conversion?

Thanks to all who offered encouragement and advice. I may need to resurrect the thread come Spring.

Ride safe!