Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

PSA/Show Us Yours? Waterford 22-Series Fixed Road 58cm

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

PSA/Show Us Yours? Waterford 22-Series Fixed Road 58cm

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-19, 08:42 PM
pcb 

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 286 Posts
PSA/Show Us Yours? Waterford 22-Series Fixed Road on Ebay 58cm on Ebay

(I did some cut-pasting here, and the post looked really weird, so I'm editing for 3rd or 4th time now...)

There's a very cool Waterford 22-series road/fixed bike listed on ebay, owned by the former owner of Bethel Cycle. Anybody know him or the shop? It's a custom road-geometry fixed-gear frame, built with stainless Sachs Newvex lugs. You'd need to get geo details and stuff from the owner. I've got no connection to the listing, bike or owner, though I do have the bike's cousin. Here's the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254110888730

It's kinda like a modern Paramount, with nicer tubing and lugs. You could build it with C&V-vintage parts and it'd look vintage. Dead sexy any way you build her up.

So maybe you could post your fixed-road frames here? I'd define that as frames designed for road use, with native capacity for one or two brakes, and fixed/track rear dropouts. There were British "Path Racers" in the 50s, "Training Track" bikes in the '70s, and all heck broke loose with street fixies near the turn of the century.

I've got three atm.

My '06 RS-22 had pretty standard road geo, with short-reach brakes, designed with the shoes near the bottom of the slot. Fits 30mm actual-width tired front/rear, though rear clearance can be limited by chain length.This also has stainless Newvex lugs, with an extended head lug to help get the bars up higher for us geezers. Puts a big smile on my face every time I climb aboard.

Gunnar Street Dog 2010 - 58cm (Waterford-built) This was spec'd with cantis and fatter tire clearance so not quite as classic-looking.

Last edited by pcb; 02-06-19 at 09:04 PM.