Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Need a tiny speaker– Can't hear RWGPS

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Need a tiny speaker– Can't hear RWGPS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-19, 10:16 AM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
I never got to play in bands , I was having to not get killed by conscription to be in an overseas invasion in 66..
Old 05-25-19, 06:51 PM
Witterings

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by fietsbob
I never got to play in bands , I was having to not get killed by conscription to be in an overseas invasion in 66..
I was still in nappies in 66 :-) .. did send me on a trip down memory lane on playing in bands though and found an amateur ish gig I did many years ago

If anybody's actually used the bone conductor headphones I'd be really interested to know what they thought of them as I do have quite bad tinnitus but not sure if they'd be any better than normal headphones but I'd also love to cycle with music playing but really don't fancy the idea of ear buds / headphones cutting you off from traffic noise etc.

When I'd just passed my driving test I had a walkman (yes that shows how long ago it was) in the work van I used to drive and had headphones on, I couldn't understand why when I was sitting in a long queue of traffic at the lights that had just turned green why nobody was going but seemed to be pulling towards the side of the road .. it wasn't until the ambulance was level with me I realised and I was the only one numpty that didn't hear it coming and swore that's never happen again in my life.

A small speaker is obviously one option that's not too loud .. but really interested if anyone has used the bone conducters for cycling and how much you're aware of your surroundings / traffic or if you may as well just wear normal headphones because they have pretty much the same effect.

Last edited by Witterings; 05-26-19 at 04:24 AM.
Old 05-26-19, 09:29 AM
Bikerider007

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 460 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 30 Posts
One place you can get some good input or ideas would be on FB 24/26/29 BMX cruisers. Those guys do all kinds of set up's and the page owners also makes and sells custom CNC speaker mounts.
Likes For Bikerider007: