Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Nishiki Cervino

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Nishiki Cervino

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-19, 08:33 AM
steveridessteel

Bikes: Perter Mooney Campy SR, Centurion Pro Tour 15, Redline Conquest Cross

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Nishiki Cervino

Folks,

This is my first post but I have been lurking for a bit doing some research. I am finishing a restoration of a Nishiki Cervino. I came into possession of the frame only in 1983-4. The previous owner had stripped the bike of the components. I built it up with the state of the practice components of the time Campy.Modolo, etc. and raced it on the So Cal circuit when I was a tad faster. I'm doing a "sentimental" restoration back to how I raced it, not how it came as a full bike from a shop since I never owned it that way. My research, backed up by a couple others indicates that West Coast Cycle had the Nishiki brand and in the early 80's was also importing Colnago. It appears that WCC contracted with Colnago to design/build a full bike to sell as a high end model. All indications appear that Olmo produced the frame. The frame is essentially a Olmo Competition with some tweaks, most notably internal drive train routing. I have found very little on this bike. A couple years ago a pristine one went up on eBay which was a great resource.

I would really like to have contact with anyone with any further knowledge(Nishiki fanatics?) to confirm my conclusions and gather some additional info. I also have heard that the '82 Nishiki catalog(yup thats the Cervino is on the cover) has the specs for the full bike. Does anyone have scan off the page(s) with the spec? I have searched extensibly but to no avail. I have pages of my documentation I's be happy to share.

Thanks so much. The info I have found on the forum have been amazing.

Cheers, Steve
Likes For steveridessteel: