Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > "The 33"-Road Bike Racing
Reload this Page >

Attn: Bay Area racers The virtual Berkeley Hills Road Race starts July 4th

Notices
"The 33"-Road Bike Racing We set this forum up for our members to discuss their experiences in either pro or amateur racing, whether they are the big races, or even the small backyard races. Don't forget to update all the members with your own race results.

Old 06-26-20, 08:26 PM
Beaker
moth -----> flame

Bikes: 11 CAAD 10-4, 07 Specialized Roubaix Comp, 98 Peugeot Horizon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

It's basically been years since I've posted on BF, but I've got a good reason to resurface. I'm currently co-president of the Berkeley Bicycle Club out here in the East Bay region of the greater SF Bay Area and we've a neat event we'd like to get on the radar for anyone interested in racing or prizes, in a way that is consistent with social distancing, and contributes something back to folks who could use a helping hand.

Here are the details...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Starting this July 4th BBC and Kai Velo are hosting a great East Bay Strava segment challenge : The Virtual Berkeley Hills Road Race - 7 segments, multiple categories, virtual competition, actual prizes!

With normal cycling events, groups rides and races cancelled, this is bike racing reimagined and focused on helping our community during the COVID19 pandemic, supporting East Bay NICA teams and the Alameda County Community Food Bank. All net proceeds to these charities. Not normally a racer? Not a problem. Come on out, ride the course, and contribute to a good cause. This is an opportunity to get everyone to be part of a local event and connect as a community.

Register here and then join the Strava club for this event here

Nate English explains everything you need to know about vBHRR in 6 minutes here:

Reg open now. Riding happens July 4-18 and August 1-15.
Keep training! Stay fit, stay safe, stay healthy!!!