Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Caad optimo 2019 What bottom bracket bearings?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-20, 05:59 PM
Dopefish905

Bikes: Cervelo S3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Heya!

2019 Caad optimo with a fsa mega exo 24mm bottom bracket(external cups?). Looking to replace the bearings but I only find fsa ones(and not even sure if those are right)? Is there a generic bearing size I can use or does fsa have a proprietary one for these?

Thank you in advance skilled friends

Last edited by Dopefish905; 11-24-20 at 03:09 AM.
Old 11-24-20, 09:49 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
Are you keeping your FSA crank? If so, you need a BB specific to your FSA crank (I believe some FSA and Shimano external BBs are interchangeable, but I'm not sure which ones.)

Going with another FSA will be your easiest option. You can try to determine if a Shimano will fit, and get an Ultegra or DA. Or, you can see what other third-party external BB options are available, like WheelsMFG.
Old 11-24-20, 07:34 PM
Dopefish905

Bikes: Cervelo S3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hey thanks for the response, yea after some investigation I’ll have to get a whole new cartridge bottom bracket.., thought I could just swap the bearings but they seem to be sealed in the unit. Pretty crap since it’s about 50usd and seems to only last about 10k kms before the bearings collapse and start clicking. talked to a couple wrenchers and they said the bbr60 BB doesn’t last any longer either..🤷‍♂️