Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

What device do you use to listen to music while riding? (2020)

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

What device do you use to listen to music while riding? (2020)

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-20, 02:23 PM
Hypno Toad
meh

Bikes: 23 Cutthroat, 21 CoMotion Java; 21 Bianchi Infinito; 15 Surly Pugsley; 11 Globe Daily; 09 Kona Dew Drop; 96 Mondonico

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,013 Times in 519 Posts
Originally Posted by Amt0571
Don't all of you feel unsafe listening to music while riding? I wouldn't do anything on the bike that distracts me from my surroundings, especially on a road bike.
No, because I have my left ear open and the music in my right ear isn't loud. I can hear a pin drop ... well, actually, I heard my GoPro thumb screw drop. True story, I was riding down the road and heard something hit the ground and turn around to find the thumb screw fell out of a mount I wasn't using. If I can hear that hit the ground with music in my right ear, I'm gonna hear anything there is to be heard.

But for overtaking vehicles, I trust my Garmin Varia radar, not my ears.
Likes For Hypno Toad:
Old 11-09-20, 02:43 PM
CargoDane
Not a newbie to cycling

Bikes: Omnium Cargo Ti with Rohloff, Bullitt Milk Plus, Dahon Smooth Hound

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 199 Posts
I have two speakers (but usually don't use either - and only ever bring one): A Beoplay A1 and Beoplay P2. I mostly use the P2, and mostly when I'm with my daughter. She likes to listen to music, shake it to change songs and so on. From where I'm sitting I can control the volume and stop it entirely.
Old 11-18-20, 09:28 AM
gadgetadam 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
I use a SoundLink Micro Bluetooth® speaker. I can attach it to many places on my bike or my backpack strap(on my chest). It's weatherproof, bluetooth, and can play/pause(i click)/go back to start of song(3 clicks)/go back 1 song(I THINK 4 clicks)/skip to next song(two clicks), and has a volume controls. My watch controlls media on my phone so that's another item I use to play, pause, skip, and go back.

The speaker is sort of rubbery so if it falls I won't have to worry about it getting scratched up.

Battery life is pretty darn good also.