Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Why Cycles R+

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-18, 05:19 PM
Sully151

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 9 (29), Trek Fuel EX 8 (26) Trek Project One Road.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Why Cycles R+

Does anyone have this bike or ridden it?

Is it worth the upgrade for the Sram Force and some carbon components over the Rival build?

I have never owned a ti bike. Is there something I should have concerns with?

Probably going to be an all around bike, gravel, commuting, bukepacking/light touring.
Old 01-08-18, 09:10 PM
Planemaker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
My riding buddy had the Why R+ and loves it. It's a very nice bike and takes some really wide tires.

I would think the difference in the upgrade in components would be slightly better performance and the obvious weight difference.

FWIW - The Ti bike might well be your last bike purchase so, if you can afford get what you want now and push your upgrades costs outs a few years.
Old 01-09-18, 03:35 AM
Facanh

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I only have Rival but i've heard multiple times from people who have both Rival and Force that the only difference is that Force uses carbon, for example the internal parts for the shifter are the same. The weight difference is pretty small and most of it comes from the crankset. This doesn't apply to the R+ stock build but the XD cassette that comes with Force is lighter too than what comes with Rival, because it uses an aluminium 42T cog and a one piece machined 10T + 12T cog. But it also costs twice as much as the Rival level cassette and it's a wear item so...

Me personally I would spend the extra money on something else.

Last edited by Facanh; 01-09-18 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-09-18, 11:19 AM
Sully151

Bikes: Trek Fuel EX 9 (29), Trek Fuel EX 8 (26) Trek Project One Road.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah, that’s kind of what I am thinking. There is a price gap of over a grand from the Rival bike to the Force bike. Partly due to the group upgrade, but also the carbon bars and post, and carbon wheels that are 300 grams lighter.