Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hey from western New York

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-23, 05:54 PM
Johnmwny

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey all getting back into cycling and into classic bikes and gravel riding. I’ve already learned so much from here and hope to share my journey with you all.
Old 09-08-23, 06:31 PM
MaxKatt
TeeOhPea 2tha DeeOhGee

Bikes: Several

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 188 Times in 76 Posts
Welcome. We recently established that Westchester was upstate, so “western NY”…Amsterdam Ave or Riverside Drive? 😀
Old 09-08-23, 06:42 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3242 Post(s)
Liked 2,089 Times in 1,182 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxKatt
Welcome. We recently established that Westchester was upstate, so “western NY”…Amsterdam Ave or Riverside Drive? 😀
I seem to recall a thread on how testy NY’ers get about how they are referred to in terms of their location in NY. Long Islanders not having issues as that’s pretty obvious, but you cannot refer to a western NY’er as being “upstate”. That term seems only to apply to those living somewhere north of Westchester County, to about Saratoga Springs, then they become an “Adirondacker”, or some such. Likewise a “Western NY’er” is somewhere vaguely west of a line from about Binghamton to Syracuse, maybe further west, not sure.

But in any event, a welcome to our new member from Western NY, wherever he my be.
Likes For Steve B.:
Old 09-09-23, 07:14 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 4,844 Times in 2,233 Posts
Classic bikes? Got a special interest? British, Italian, Schwinn, Trek?
Old 09-09-23, 11:21 PM
Johnmwny

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Steve B.
I seem to recall a thread on how testy NY’ers get about how they are referred to in terms of their location in NY. Long Islanders not having issues as that’s pretty obvious, but you cannot refer to a western NY’er as being “upstate”. That term seems only to apply to those living somewhere north of Westchester County, to about Saratoga Springs, then they become an “Adirondacker”, or some such. Likewise a “Western NY’er” is somewhere vaguely west of a line from about Binghamton to Syracuse, maybe further west, not sure.

But in any event, a welcome to our new member from Western NY, wherever he my be.
😂😂 yes we get a little picky about the terms I’m on Lake Erie nearish to Buffalo you can call it upstate but we all know you’re not from here then. It’s friendly bunch though.
Old 09-09-23, 11:23 PM
Johnmwny

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Classic bikes? Got a special interest? British, Italian, Schwinn, Trek?
currently nothing in particular. I picked up a Fuji and would like to explore something new next years. I’m not to knowledgeable so I’m still just learning
Old 09-10-23, 12:22 PM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3901 Post(s)
Liked 4,844 Times in 2,233 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnmwny
currently nothing in particular. I picked up a Fuji and would like to explore something new next years. I’m not to knowledgeable so I’m still just learning
If you enjoy fast - may I recommend something racy, for those downhill smiles. Italian works well.

The main thing is to enjoy this sport enough to do it regularly and for the rest of your life - with a smile on your face.
Old 09-16-23, 03:58 PM
lex further

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Welcome to the best bike forum ever! You will find a lot of useful tips and tricks here, i am sure about that.
I am Lex, also a newbie here. I am from California and offer to people online dissertation help https://ukwritings.com/dissertation-help
This job is 100% remote, so i can do it and travel the world at the same time. I am always keen to meet new people.

Last edited by lex further; 09-22-23 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-16-23, 08:01 PM
deimos25
700c

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Welcome!