Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

What type of bike to get? Hyrid/Fitness or Road Bike?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

What type of bike to get? Hyrid/Fitness or Road Bike?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-16, 10:47 AM
finch204

Bikes: 2013 Trek 4.7 Flatbar Madone, 2018 Giant Roam 2

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by side_FX
I'm curious about what you're didn't like about the looks? I'd like to see one live but there's none in my area yet. Im curious when they claim the "zipper" urban handling. Are they implying it fills the gap between a road bike and a FX?
It's just a preference I have on performance hybrid bikes. The Zektor looks more utilitarian to me, which is not a bad thing, but just not my preference.

I don't think it is meant to fill the gap between a road bike and the FX. I think that gap is already filled with the Trek FX S 5/ S 6 models. I think the Zektor is really a focused urban/commuter bike. It's probably more of a competitor to the Cannondale Bad Boy bikes.

And just an update to this thread; the bike is at the LBS awaiting parts for the flat bar conversion. Well, it is really only waiting for the Bontrager Isozone handlebars. The end result should be similar to a 7.7 / 7.9 FX without the Isospeed decoupler.
Old 10-29-16, 12:34 PM
side_FX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by finch204

I don't think it is meant to fill the gap between a road bike and the FX. I think that gap is already filled with the Trek FX S 5/ S 6 models. I think the Zektor is really a focused urban/commuter bike. It's probably more of a competitor to the Cannondale Bad Boy bikes.

I was curious about the website video describing it having a more aero riding position than say, an FX or DS. I'd like to have less wind resistance, but not full road bike bend due to creaky back issues
Old 10-29-16, 09:47 PM
finch204

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by side_FX
I was curious about the website video describing it having a more aero riding position than say, an FX or DS. I'd like to have less wind resistance, but not full road bike bend due to creaky back issues
I took a look at the geometry charts for a 56 cm FX S 5 and Zektor i3. The Zektor does have a longer reach and lower stack compared to the FX S 5. So it does look like it will have a more aggressive riding position.
Old 11-14-16, 05:01 PM
finch204

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just an update to this thread. Flatbar conversion turned out pretty well for me and the bike. Again I would like to thank everyone who gave their feedback on this thread.

If you wanted to look at how it turned out, check out the link below:
https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bic...l#post19191852