Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Weird. Skin tags!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-19, 12:39 PM
Rstyle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Weird. Skin tags!

I post this in this section because I am 66 and is a condition seen “later in life”
Weird!

I cycle every other day. The last few times I had burning-pain in my upper inner thigh near the groin. After a few hours it went away. Today the same thing. I thought maybe it was a fungal infection or skin was raw because of sweating etc. Well ...get a mirror and I have about 5 inflamed skin tags way in my upper inner thigh near the crease with the groin. They usually occur in areas of friction, but in that location there is no skin to skin friction but maybe skin rubbing with shorts?
people have all kinds of remedies from nail clippers ( not sure I could do this) to Compound W. Not sure if I should just go to a dermatologist. I think they burn them. Meanwhile cover them with glycerin or butt cream when I ride? Not sure anyone has had this problem but will listen to suggestions.
Old 08-14-19, 02:49 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,618 Times in 2,122 Posts
Moving to Pills and Ills

Old 08-14-19, 03:26 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 3885 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
Doctor will remove them for you.
Old 08-14-19, 03:56 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Yeah, I've done the nail clippers method in the past. Of course, I'd prep the clippers by cleaning them with a brush and soap, then flame them with a lighter, then clean them again with alcohol.

But that was back when my vision was better which aided my accuracy. The skin tabs themselves clip off nearly painlessly, but if you miss and hit good flesh . . . OUCH.

On the other hand, we had a local cash only semi-retired dermatologist that would trim you up for $100.00 for new patients, and $80.00 for returning patients. Unfortunately, he has recently passed away.
Old 08-21-19, 09:33 AM
sch

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
Inner thigh: rubbing against saddle. Skin tag removal is a possible DIY, either as fiftysix with small ones, although a razor sharp knife is an
option as nail clippers don't always bite evenly. Larger ones will succumb to a thread tied tightly around the base and fall off after a few days.
Old 08-21-19, 11:46 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
I also get these from time to time. I just cut them off myself with a surgical scissors and prep with alcohol. My doctor said its hard to avoid getting them sometimes and they normally have no health risks so yeah just have your doctor take care of them or do a home removal.