Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Saint Paul, Minnesota!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-13, 04:16 PM
RunningBulldog

Bikes: Trek Mountain Bike, Novara Commuter, and now... a Frankenbike Road Warrior. Current top speed, 24.8 MPH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi,

Joined the forum & Just wanted to say hello. I spent the day rehabbing my old Novara commuter bike (wanted something with thin tires to ride, instead of my Trek Mountain Bike) and then went on to do tuneups on my wife's and kid's bikes. So I'm all pumped up in bikes for the day...

Looks like a nice forum with nice folks. Hoping to pick up some pointers on repair, taking my repair skills to the next level. Also, I'm 50 and planning on riding a lot more for fitness, and I can see there's a subforum for 50+ year olds. Could be some useful info there, since things start wearing out at this point...

cheers!

Thaddeus (aka RunningBulldog)
Old 07-04-13, 04:57 PM
RoadTire 

Bikes: '09 Trek 2.1 * '75 Sekine * 2010 Raleigh Talus 8.0 * '90 Giant Mtb * Raleigh M20 * Fuji Nevada mtb

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I'm on the other side of the world - past Wayzata. Have you checked out the trail (cannot for the life of me remember what it's called) that will get you all the way to Stillwater? My boys say it's pretty good...
FB4K - Every October we wrench on donated bikes. Every December, a few thousand kids get bikes for Christmas. For many, it is their first bike, ever. Every bike, new and used, was donated, built, cleaned and repaired. Check us out on FaceBook: FB4K.

Disclaimer: 99% of what I know about cycling I learned on BF. That would make, ummm, 1% experience. And a lot of posts.
Old 07-04-13, 07:33 PM
RunningBulldog

Bikes: Trek Mountain Bike, Novara Commuter, and now... a Frankenbike Road Warrior. Current top speed, 24.8 MPH

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadTire
Welcome! I'm on the other side of the world - past Wayzata. Have you checked out the trail (cannot for the life of me remember what it's called) that will get you all the way to Stillwater? My boys say it's pretty good...
Not sure If I'm familiar with that one... my wife and I do go down to Cannon Falls and take the bike trail there, it runs all the way to Red Wing. I've never made it all the way to Red Wing yet... but am kind of hoping to do it this summer. That would be 40 miles give or take... and the scenery is gorgeous, an old railroad bed that was converted to bike path pavement. Right now I'm pretty tired after 25.