Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello, new user from England, U.K.

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 10-02-19, 01:17 PM
B.C.Bikes

Bikes: Cinelli Nemo TIG w/ Campy S.R., Cotic BFE, Brompton, Pashley Unicycle, Sunday BMX, plenty of old and vintage bits and bobs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello to everyone at Bike Forums. I've been on the forum plenty of times in the past, and have recently made the move to join the community.

I'm Laurence, from the U.K., late twenties and a bike fanatic. I've been in the industry for 15 years, have worked for various independent stores here in England, including Harry Hall's in Manchester as a mechanic (Harry was Tom Simpson's mechanic, at home and on the grand tours) and Chain Reaction Cycles as a Wheelbuilder.

Road, MTB, BMX, tandem, retro and vintage, old and new, I'm into it all. I currently own two Cinelli's (both custom), a Cotic BFE custom build, a Sunday BMX, a Pashley Unicycle, and a Conti Road Frame from the 80's which is the current project.

I'm here to spread the love of bikes and share my knowledge of both the industry and the mechanics behind bicycle maintenance, repair, and restoration. I make my living doing so, and I hope to be an asset to the community.

Thanks for having me.
Old 10-02-19, 05:30 PM
Fixit
Searching for answers...

Bikes: 1985 Univega Competizione-Pro White; 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour - Black Sable; 1987 Bianchi Limited-Metallic Celeste; 1972 Nishiki Professional - Green; 2015 Giant Defy Advanced 1

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Nice intro, I'm a bit jealous of your experience especially with wheel building. Looking forward to your real life insights!
Old 10-02-19, 09:48 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 2,167 Times in 1,459 Posts
Welcome. We all will appreciate your expertise and expertise.
Old 10-06-19, 12:51 PM
B.C.Bikes

Bikes: Cinelli Nemo TIG w/ Campy S.R., Cotic BFE, Brompton, Pashley Unicycle, Sunday BMX, plenty of old and vintage bits and bobs.

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you. I'm sure my experiences in the trade will shine a light and lend a hand, and I'm positive that I'll learn plenty from all the users. I'm currently at a LBS, as a mechanic and sales assistant, and the workshop services everything from Cannondale to Pinarello, Evil to Santa Cruz, Moots to Mondraker. Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks again.
Old 10-06-19, 05:49 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
Welcome and glad to have you onboard. I look for help a lot. I have been a cyclist for a lot of years. Other then basic maintenance, I did not get involved in the mechanics until about 2 years ago. BikeForums has been a definite plus in my getting more immersed in the bike world. I have a winter project on hand, but it is too nice outside to get into that. I still like riding more than working.
Old 10-16-19, 08:57 AM
Romans116

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi welcome!