Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Good bike shop in Denver?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 11:11 PM
AcornMan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently moved to Stapleton in Denver. Can someone recommend a good bike shop reasonably nearby where I can get repairs, good advice, parts, etc? Thanks.
Old 01-20-10, 11:17 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,407 Times in 901 Posts
There's an awesome shop in Boulder if you don't mind the drive. It's not the regular run of the mill shop.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 01-21-10, 09:31 AM
cyccommute 
Mad bike riding scientist

Bikes: Some silver ones, a red one, a black and orange one, and a few titanium ones

Mentioned: 152 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6222 Post(s)
Liked 4,222 Times in 2,368 Posts
Originally Posted by AcornMan
I recently moved to Stapleton in Denver. Can someone recommend a good bike shop reasonably nearby where I can get repairs, good advice, parts, etc? Thanks.
There's not a lot near you. Two that I've never dealt with are Denver Bicycle at Monaco and East Colfax and Collins at East Colfax and Adams. Collins has been around, literally, forever (75 years) so they have something going for them. Pedal Pushers is a little further away...Lowry area...but again, I haven't ever dealt with them. Most of the shops in the area are concentrated further south of you.

There is a Bicycle Village...a big box store...on Havana 6 or 7 miles away. Not a lot of personality but price are okay.

Performance has a couple of stores in the area. The closest to you is on Colorado and Yale. About like Bicycle Village.

Cycle Analyst is about the same distance away as Performance on 700 south Pearl. Great shop...maybe a little grumpy.

Turin is on 7th and Lincoln. Not too bad. Prices are a bit higher but they are more personal than Performance or Bicycle Village.

REI and Salvagetti's are in the Central Platte Valley. Salvagetti's is a pretty good shop.

There are a bunch of others but most are further away.
Gold Fever Three days of dirt in Colorado
Pokin' around the Poconos A cold ride around Lake Erie
Dinosaurs in Colorado A mountain bike guide to the Purgatory Canyon dinosaur trackway
Solo Without Pie. The search for pie in the Midwest.
Picking the Scablands. Washington and Oregon, 2005. Pie and spiders on the Columbia River!