Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Best Bang for Bucks! - Advice please!

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Best Bang for Bucks! - Advice please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-13, 04:46 PM
Bunnicula

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I get that you don't want a girley bike, I don't like them either and I'm a female too.

Cannondale and Specialized make nice quality frames. I have both, as well as a Trek. The C'dale and Spec frames are done a little better - neater and cleaner welding at the joints.

Consider this one: https://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes...k-sl-women-s-3
(scroll down).

The black and green color is HOT, and it's a pretty fast bike for a hybrid. It will be faster than the Bad Girl. I'm not sure how much off road riding you plan on doing, but I use my Quick 3 on dirt and gravel paths and it's fine. I wouldn't ride it on hard-core mtb trails, though. I use it as my off-road bike, as I now have a road bike for pavement. Being fairly light in weight, the Quick 3 is pretty ea on the hills, which might be a factor for you. I've also ridden it on 35 mile group rides without difficulty.

That being said, most of the brands have very comparable bikes at any given price point. You've got to ride them and see what feels the best for you, what features you really want, and what you can do without. Don't forget that buying the right size will affect your comfort, as will choosing a frame whose geometry suits your body type. Fit is very important.

Choose the bike that brings you joy to ride.
Old 04-25-13, 08:06 PM
Meliane

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bunnicula
I get that you don't want a girley bike, I don't like them either and I'm a female too.

Cannondale and Specialized make nice quality frames. I have both, as well as a Trek. The C'dale and Spec frames are done a little better - neater and cleaner welding at the joints.

Consider this one: https://www.cannondale.com/2013/bikes...k-sl-women-s-3
(scroll down).

The black and green color is HOT, and it's a pretty fast bike for a hybrid. It will be faster than the Bad Girl. I'm not sure how much off road riding you plan on doing, but I use my Quick 3 on dirt and gravel paths and it's fine. I wouldn't ride it on hard-core mtb trails, though. I use it as my off-road bike, as I now have a road bike for pavement. Being fairly light in weight, the Quick 3 is pretty ea on the hills, which might be a factor for you. I've also ridden it on 35 mile group rides without difficulty.

That being said, most of the brands have very comparable bikes at any given price point. You've got to ride them and see what feels the best for you, what features you really want, and what you can do without. Don't forget that buying the right size will affect your comfort, as will choosing a frame whose geometry suits your body type. Fit is very important.

Choose the bike that brings you joy to ride.
Thanks a lot for your input the SL 3 is deffenitly hot The problem I have is finding it in Canada... the only Canondale retailers dont order they just get what they get in batches... So I guess that`s boring and if im going to drive to where they could have it the gas price it will cost me i might aswell get a better bike. If I could have found it I would of taken that one color was totally what I wanted and the style too. Just as the badgirl even the man CX 3 was so nice, which is why i totally loved the W SL3...

I know Devinci is not known that much in the states but there Devinci Manchester is pretty awesome for the price usually goes for 900 but the 2012 is only 720 which is a big mark down and the sales rep said there are basically no changes to frame only a few components but he said not worth the price difference. So I think I will go for that one. I know Devinci went international this year with their mountain and road bikes - I think that`s great they really have amazing craftmenship made right here every frame made with care and technology also life warranty on the frame... and perfect paint job i noticed other brands had cheap paint jobs... Anyways I have to agree with you for the SL 3 it is absolutelly awesome, and I was so sad when I called and got told they didnt have that model. I also noticed that for some brands of bike in canada we have different versions... like specialized... on the website its mate gray and aqua but in store its gray and red wth...

I will post a review of my Devinci once I put some miles on it!
Old 04-25-13, 08:43 PM
Cfiber
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
U get a really awesome CF fork with the Raleigh Cadent FT2 performance hybrid that goes for 'round 800 bucks.