Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Custom Cycling Jerseys?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Custom Cycling Jerseys?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 05:35 PM
YATES

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Custom Cycling Jerseys?

I've got a roadbike team together that's going to be riding in "RAGBRAI" (Registers Annual Great Bike Ride Across Iowa) this upcoming year and we are wanting to get some custom jerseys made. Anyone know of a good website that you can design them on and then purchase them online?
Thanks in Advance.
Old 10-04-05, 05:38 PM
johnny99

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Most of the local teams and clubs in my area use Voler (www.voler.com). There are a number of other companies, but I've never worked with them. Voler does a very good job, though they can be slow during the busy spring/summer season.
Old 10-04-05, 05:45 PM
YATES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnny99
Most of the local teams and clubs in my area use Voler (www.voler.com). There are a number of other companies, but I've never worked with them. Voler does a very good job, though they can be slow during the busy spring/summer season.
Thanks, but it looks like this site will only sell if you order in bulk of 25 or more. I'm lookin for a site that i can order maybe 5-10 jerseys.
Old 10-04-05, 06:06 PM
johnny99

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by YATES
Thanks, but it looks like this site will only sell if you order in bulk of 25 or more. I'm lookin for a site that i can order maybe 5-10 jerseys.
They also have a semi-custom program for small orders. If your graphics are simple, you can also look into silk screening the design onto store-bought jerseys. A good printer will know about inks that are suitable for polyester bike jerseys.
Old 10-04-05, 06:28 PM
YATES

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
k man... havne't really thought about that.. but thanks.
Old 10-04-05, 06:30 PM
ed073

Bikes: Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Small print runs are expensive, as producing the graphics and bromides is the major expense.

Printers will usually stick in a minimum quantity of about 20-25 units, otherwise it's unprofitable.
Old 10-04-05, 06:33 PM
air king

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another alternative:

Designs

Pricing
Old 10-04-05, 07:14 PM
psuaero
Never fear the hills...

Bikes: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced, 2010 Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro, 2011 Redline Monocog Flight 29r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by air king
Another alternative:

Designs
Pricing
I second the vote for Custom Sublimation. I received an order today of custom jerseys for our company. I was able to get an order of 13 jerseys (sizes M-4XL) with some custom corporate logos on the shoulders for just under $1k. Our price was a little higher due to some extra graphics work and the few extra large shirts. They were great to deal with and very responsive to emails. The whole process took about 6 weeks from the first call to receiving our shirts today. They even sent out a sizing pack so we could verify the fit of their jerseys. PM me if you have any questions.
Old 10-04-05, 07:17 PM
ed073

Bikes: Scapin EOS7 sloping, 10v Record, Ksyriums

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^^

looks like we have a winner!
Old 10-04-05, 07:57 PM
johnny99

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by psuaero
I second the vote for Custom Sublimation. I received an order today of custom jerseys for our company. I was able to get an order of 13 jerseys (sizes M-4XL) with some custom corporate logos on the shoulders for just under $1k. Our price was a little higher due to some extra graphics work and the few extra large shirts. They were great to deal with and very responsive to emails. The whole process took about 6 weeks from the first call to receiving our shirts today. They even sent out a sizing pack so we could verify the fit of their jerseys. PM me if you have any questions.
How good are the jerseys themselves, e.g., compared to a mid-quality jersey from Castelli or Pearl Izumi?
Old 10-05-05, 11:13 AM
psuaero
Never fear the hills...

Bikes: 2011 Giant TCR Advanced, 2010 Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro, 2011 Redline Monocog Flight 29r

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The ones we got have a shorter zipper than some of my other big brand jerseys. The material and fit seems like good quality. The design and color are top notch. I haven't even had a chance to wear it outside yet so I don't know how it will hold up long term. Everyone here seems very pleased so far with them. (Partly because the company picked up the tab! )
Old 10-05-05, 11:17 AM
cyclintom

Bikes: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Basso Loto, Pinarello Stelvio, Redline Cyclocross

Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
https://www.faqs.org/faqs/bicycles-fa...ection-27.html

Everything you need to know.