Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

Giant Escape vs Child Trailer?

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 04-19-18, 08:06 PM
paperarmadillo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I feel like my trusty steed is having a bit of a midlife crisis with me. Two kids in the last four years has left me sadly going from wanting to train for a century to having my bike garaged for entirely too long. Now the kids are older and I'm mentally there and wanting to get back in the saddle. However I'm having a hell of a time getting my Giant Escape 2 to accept a trailer hitch with the skewer. I borrowed a friend's InStep single just to try, but the rounded edges just clash up against my frame (and I found a few older posts detailing the issue). Not a problem because I was intending on buying a Wike Moonlite but their customer support is questioning if my bike will accept this Hitch. I don't want to sink $350 into a trailer I can't pull, and they have the weight/height limits needed to accommodate my 3 year old when he tires on his Strider. Anyone get this bike to work with a trailer without mods?