Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What's with Breezer Geometries?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-18, 02:27 PM
raria

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Recall I bought a Breezer Venturi second hand cheap but it didn't work out for me
(too similar ot my CAAD 12 geometry and a bit too long top tube) https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...buy-not-2.html

But I was really taken by the Breezer product. Clearly the designer had given the frame a lot of thought and the quality of the product was amazing. Just the paint job alone was outstanding. And they stand behind their products. They mailed me out a new frameset even though I wasnt the original owner.

So I started to look at their other road bikes in particular their gravel bikes and they all have this weird setup with a 54cm ST having a 57.5cm ETT (Venturi) 57cm (Inversion Breezer Bikes - INVERSION 40TH FRAMESET - Bike Details) and 59.5cm!!! (Radar Breezer Bikes - RADAR PRO FRAME - Bike Details).

So why are the ETT so much longer than the ST length. All 54cm are labeled as "L" but 54cm and 59.5cm ETT?

Last edited by raria; 06-04-18 at 06:14 AM.
Old 06-03-18, 03:04 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
That's entirely normal for a compact geometry frame. Effective top tube and/or stack & reach tell you much more about how the bike will fit than the seat tube, which they have arbitrarily shortened for fashion reasons.
Old 06-03-18, 03:26 PM
Dean V

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1067 Post(s)
Liked 259 Times in 153 Posts
Those geometry numbers for the Radar Pro frame do not make sense.
The stack and reach numbers do not correlate with the head tube and top tube lengths.
I know it is hard to compare those numbers exactly but you can get a rough idea, and their numbers just don't seem right.
Old 06-03-18, 06:08 PM
wheelreason

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 624 Times in 369 Posts
Originally Posted by raria
Recall I bought a Breezer Venturi second hand cheap but it didn't work out for me
(too similar ot my CAAD 12 geometry and a bit too long top tube) https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...buy-not-2.html

But I was really taken by the Breezer product. Clearly the designer had given the frame a lot of thought and the quality of hte product was amazing. Just the pain job alone was outstanding. And they stand behind their products. They mailed me out a new frameset even though I wasnt the original owner.

So I started to look at their other road bikes in particular their gravel bikes and they all have this weird setup with a 54cm ST having a 57.5cm ETT (Venturi) 57cm (Inversion Breezer Bikes - INVERSION 40TH FRAMESET - Bike Details) and 59.5cm!!! (Radar Breezer Bikes - RADAR PRO FRAME - Bike Details).

So why are the ETT so much longer than the ST length. All 54cm are labeled as "L" but 54cm and 59.5cm ETT?
When you grow up in CA, smoke a lot of weed, and inhale a lot of Imron, the remaining neurons don't fire quite right.
Old 06-04-18, 12:15 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by wheelreason
When you grow up in CA, smoke a lot of weed, and inhale a lot of Imron, the remaining neurons don't fire quite right.
I'm not sure about that. They really think about their framesets alot.

Though the advertisement picture for the Radar is just weird (Breezer Bikes - Drop-Bar Adventure Bikes - radar). It's essentially a bad guy from the movie Deliverance on a bike. Now that would be a good advertisement line:

"The bike the guys from Deliverance should have been riding" or
"So fast you you'll never be buggerized"
Old 06-04-18, 01:47 AM
Fiery

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Dean V
Those geometry numbers for the Radar Pro frame do not make sense.
The stack and reach numbers do not correlate with the head tube and top tube lengths.
I know it is hard to compare those numbers exactly but you can get a rough idea, and their numbers just don't seem right.
Stack might be accurate if we take into account the external headset and a longer fork for tyre clearance, but reach is way off. Same goes for chainstay length/top tube length/head tube angle/wheelbase, they just don't stack up.
Old 06-05-18, 04:50 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
The Inversion geometry looks like it'd be a pretty good fit for me in an adventure bike...if only I needed or wanted one! Maybe if my South American touring dream gets close to reality next year, I'll grab one.
Old 06-06-18, 05:28 AM
wheelreason

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 624 Times in 369 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
The Inversion geometry looks like it'd be a pretty good fit for me in an adventure bike...if only I needed or wanted one! Maybe if my South American touring dream gets close to reality next year, I'll grab one.
Where are you going? Make sure to try the fried cuye. Got a chance to ride Peru, Ecuador and Chile, so worth it.
Old 06-06-18, 06:25 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Originally Posted by wheelreason
Where are you going? Make sure to try the fried cuye. Got a chance to ride Peru, Ecuador and Chile, so worth it.
Yes, I’ve also heard from a friend who rode Chile last year that it was really nice! I’d like to ride the winemaking areas there, particularly the Secano Interior zone. Most immediately though, my plan is to ride southern Brazil, through the Valle dos Vinhedos and across to Montevideo, Uruguay.

As for cuy, I’ve had it in Peru before, and really it’s a little too oily and gamey for me...although maybe I was just psyched-out by having a crispy guinea pig laid out before me! I ate some crazy offal in the piquanterias, too. People say the food in Peru is good, but it wasn’t that great in my experience. I did not cycle there, so maybe if I’d earned my appetite...

What kind of riding did you do there? I’m looking at light, self-supported touring on mixed surface roads. Do you think Inversion is the right type of bike for that?
Old 06-06-18, 03:23 PM
RocThrower

Bikes: Space Horse Disc, Domane SL5 Disc

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Though the advertisement picture for the Radar is just weird (Breezer Bikes - Drop-Bar Adventure Bikes - radar). It's essentially a bad guy from the movie Deliverance on a bike. Now that would be a good advertisement line:
At first I was , then I clicked the link and started laughing in my office! Good stuff, raria!
Old 06-06-18, 04:08 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by onyerleft
I have no use for any bike with Repack Road DNA, except for Ritchey's.
ill bite.

why do you have no use for anything with repack road dna besides ritchey?
Old 06-07-18, 05:27 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Note the wide banjo shaped object on his rack
Originally Posted by RocThrower
At first I was , then I clicked the link and started laughing in my office! Good stuff, raria!
He looks like hte Banjo playing kid all grown up. If you look closely there could be a banjo he's carrying on his rack.

Last edited by raria; 06-07-18 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-08-18, 09:28 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Inversion is Venturi inspired according to several reviews

But I'm quite frustrated there is little to know information on the framesets. What I liked about the Venturi frameset I received was that it was the most compplete frameset I've ever received. It contained head set, stem even the cups for the BB!

But I can't even find out hte weight of hte framesets for hte Inversion or the Radar which interests me a lot.
Old 06-11-18, 07:00 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Disapppointed with Breezer

Sent a simple request to the breezer info email on the website. No response 1.5 weeks later.

How on earth they expect to sell framesets without telling people the most basic of specifications is beyond me.

Oh well, I guess we'll see the framesets on sale at half price soon enough ...
Old 06-11-18, 07:57 AM
bikebreak

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Joe Breeze makes great frames

It seems the Breezer Radar is meant to use with a shorter stem, more like a MTB, so they have very long ETT
Old 06-11-18, 04:06 PM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I'm not sure about that. They really think about their framesets alot.

Raria, if you would like to post the geometry charts of the models you are considering, myself and I am sure others could comment on your fit...perhaps comparing to your current bike fit.

Last edited by Campag4life; 06-12-18 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-11-18, 06:16 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by onyerleft
It's just my opinion. No need to name names, but I think that the Founding Fathers of mountain biking were idiots who gave us lots of bad decisions, like 26" wheels, triple cranksets, stupidly overbuilt frames and parts, under-chain stay U brakes, and on and on. Granted, the companies that they started have largely been sold and are in different hands, but their bad DNA remains. Ritchey is an exception; I mostly like and trust his instincts. Again, it's just my opinion, and I'm not going to discuss it further, while acknowledging that it's an opinion shared by few.
huh. Quite the unique take on history.
Old 06-12-18, 04:35 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
huh. Quite the unique take on history.
Obviously, a ridiculous statement...agree. Genesis of mountain bike DNA evolved for a reason as it continues to. Ritchey, and I have enjoyed their products has no better handle on best practices or parts compared to any of the big bike brands...and lags in some areas as well. Products evolve. Early mountain bikes were the result of tech at the time which has moved on.
Old 06-17-18, 01:48 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Giving up

No response from Breezer about the Radar.
No response from Breezer about the Venturi.

No wonder they have to sell stuff at a discount.

If anyone knows Joe Breeze (or his circle of friends) may want to let him know that know one answers the company bearing his name info email list.

It's bizzare as the warranty claim stuff I sent in just a few months ago was promptly answered.

Sent a simple request to the breezer info email on the website. No response 1.5 weeks later.

How on earth they expect to sell framesets without telling people the most basic of specifications is beyond me.

Oh well, I guess we'll see the framesets on sale at half price soon enough ...
Old 06-17-18, 07:45 AM
chaadster
Thread Killer

No response from Breezer about the Radar.
No response from Breezer about the Venturi.

No wonder they have to sell stuff at a discount.

If anyone knows Joe Breeze (or his circle of friends) may want to let him know that know one answers the company bearing his name info email list.

It's bizzare as the warranty claim stuff I sent in just a few months ago was promptly answered.
Where are you contacting them? For the record, although it's been some years now, but I had lots of communication with Breezer, no problems.

And what are you asking them about the Venturi? Its been out of production for about 4 years.
Old 06-17-18, 11:56 AM
raria

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Using email info@breezerbikes.com

Trying to sell the replacement Venturi frameset they sent me. Everyone keeps on asking me details about stack, reach and other standard info about the frameset. Asked Breezer for this and the same for thet Radar ...

Where are you contacting them? For the record, although it's been some years now, but I had lots of communication with Breezer, no problems.

And what are you asking them about the Venturi? Its been out of production for about 4 years.
Old 06-17-18, 01:52 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Trying to sell the replacement Venturi frameset they sent me. Everyone keeps on asking me details about stack, reach and other standard info about the frameset. Asked Breezer for this and the same for thet Radar ...
Try info@advancedsports.com. That's the addy I've used successfully.

That said, I wouldn't expect Breezer to be forthcoming with specs now, four years after the fact, which they did not publish at the time the bike was a current model.

You've got the frame, so you can make the measurements, or, you can point people to the Venturi geo chart and tell them Breezer did not publish stack and reach, unfortunately.