Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Can someone tell me if this is a good buy?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 11-16-10, 07:07 PM
pumpguy

Bikes: 2006 Trek 1500 SLR,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Well, I clearly don't have this down. If anyone wants to look for me, it is in the Denver Craigslist and it is a Bianchi Celeste.

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
***** VINTAGE BIANCHI CELESTE ROAD / RACE BIKE - MADE IN ITALY ***** - $300 (Denver/Aurora)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2010-11-16, 4:16PM MST
Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really nice high-end vintage Bianchi road race bike. Super lightweight frame, Shimano 600 components, Araya rims. Rarely ridden (brakes still like new). Frame size is approximately 55-56 cm. Absolute steal at $300 (price is firm)

CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION: 303-343-7679 (If you are reading this, it's still available)

cannondale trek fuji bianchi raleigh commuter chromoly cromoly crom oly giant touring race racing giant chrome moly specialized gt schwinn nishiki

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2064224371

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or
other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Last edited by pumpguy; 11-16-10 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-16-10, 07:30 PM
treebound 
aka: Mike J.

Bikes: 1995 Trek 520 is the current primary bike.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 39 Posts
When a seller puts stuff like "cannondale trek fuji bianchi raleigh commuter chromoly cromoly crom oly giant touring race racing giant chrome moly specialized gt schwinn nishiki" in their listing I tend to start thinking scammer farming for search hits. When they say "high end" but don't list the model name I tend to think the seller is fishing for a gullible buyer. If the bike is really worth the asking price then they'd include better info and won't have the search tag line.

It is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

I just found the listing and it looks like the seller removed the search tag line text and the pic doesn't appear to show a model name.
https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/2064224371.html
Maybe one of the Bianchi experts here will give more info. And the Denver market is obviously higher priced than the Milwaukee WI market so that will set the price as well.

I'll let someone else speculate about the fork and camera angle aspect.

Last edited by treebound; 11-16-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-16-10, 07:35 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 957 Times in 624 Posts
It might be worth it. Pics are really not good enough to tell. Need to know if all of the components are Shimano 600, need to know what tubing the frame is made out of. Looks like a flipper's ad. If he is a good flipper, then the price should be close to full market.