Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-04, 12:59 AM
AVB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi - just joined this forum. I'm from Brisbane Australia and am a road cyclist and my oldest daughter is a national level under 19 rider. I have 5 other kids too! We have a shed full of bikes. We do mainly road but a bit of track too. I do a bit of low-level coaching and commissaire stuff, and am quite involved in the cycling scene around here. I maintain a website of the local racing calendar and am a member of Brisbane's biggest club. All the best, Andrew
Old 12-19-04, 05:16 AM
rockmuncher

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Andrew. There are one or two other riders from Bris/GC area on bikeforum. And if you ever get bored with bikes feel free to drop into the 'Aussie Thread' in the Foo area of the Lounge.
Old 12-27-04, 05:09 AM
Daotenac

Bikes: Two "Frezoni" steel, columbus tubing, one for training one for showing off, a "Hoffy" 531 steel tubing, one uni cycle, one mini penny farthing "Berretto"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
G'day Andrew, Mate the biggest club in Brisbane, that sounds very impressive.

Don't tell me, I know "Hamilton Wheelers", no "Bronco's", no "Balmoral", no "Kangaroo Point", no, you certainly don't belong to the most prestigeous club, "University" or I would know who you are?

Only kidding, there are that many people riding today it's good to see the interest in cycling.

I'm in UNI, and live out on Redland Bay, I attempt to instill a bit of discipline in the slackers from the UNI Club, mind you it's difficult sometimes to get them out of their comfort zone, as was demonstrated at South Bank Criterion, when none of the buggers finished, not even in the money.

Having said that Paul Jackson (Jacko) rode a very good 24.77 for the 333 Metre standing lap a couple of weeks back at the GP Carnival at Chandler. Unfortunatley his activity has been curtailed somewhat by an altercation with a one ton ute, at Belbowrie as he was on his way home from the city.

He's making good progress although he sustained a partial fracture of the left fibula just above his ankle as well as the mandatory skin off every where, bruised ribs and aches and pains where he never thought he would ever get them. Needless to say he's been off the bike for a few weeks but by about the end of January he should be back and firing on all eight cylinders. He will at least ride again which is a bonus for sure. He's determined to ride a sub 24 before March and I reckon he'll do it too. Not bad for an old fellow EH?

OK that's enough for now catch yer round like a wheel soon? "OLD BRIGADE" BC, daotenac?
Old 12-27-04, 08:47 AM
MsVicki
Victoria's secret

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome to Bikeforums, Andrew!