Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Bad Taste; New Zealand advertisements

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 03-17-19, 07:03 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1751 Post(s)
Liked 1,422 Times in 973 Posts

It might be just me, but could you guys stop the New Zealand tourist advertisements? Maybe for a week or so out of respect for those who were shot this past week? Its really tasteless that they suddenly appeared right after the mass shooting, its the main ad in the top banner position at the top of the Bikeforums page, and shows up in the side column on Bikeforums, regardless if I'm logged in or not. Sorry, but no blaming something like the contract Google's ad service - its Bikeforum's website, please exercise some control what shows up.

Thanks
Old 03-17-19, 07:19 PM
Cyclist0108
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 2,331 Times in 1,164 Posts
Every time I start to feel guilty blocking ads ...
Old 03-27-19, 11:26 AM
IBRyan
Retired -- Do not PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by skidder
It might be just me, but could you guys stop the New Zealand tourist advertisements? Maybe for a week or so out of respect for those who were shot this past week? Its really tasteless that they suddenly appeared right after the mass shooting, its the main ad in the top banner position at the top of the Bikeforums page, and shows up in the side column on Bikeforums, regardless if I'm logged in or not. Sorry, but no blaming something like the contract Google's ad service - its Bikeforum's website, please exercise some control what shows up.

Thanks
Hi @skidder ,

Please excuse my delay in response. Can you please send me a screenshot of that ad?
Old 03-27-19, 12:28 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
So your problem is that because of a horrific shooting you believe nobody is safe or should even go there?

All those narcoterrorists and people still go to Cancun? ETC?

The one thing New Zealand needs now is for people to help restore and build their spirit as a nation of hospitality and caring people.

Seriously, just ignore the ads. I'd go there now if I could afford it, it's a wonderful land and I have many friends in NZ and Australia as well.

The weather leaves a bit to desire right now though with cyclone season but give it a couple months.