Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2024.1 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1287106)

seedsbelize2 01-11-24 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 23126209)
Lighter and more flat resistant though I've never noticed that. What i like about them is they pack small, like really, really small.

I've yet to have the valve failures expressed here.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...82bd95f38.jpeg

I have serious doubts they would be available off the shelf, but I could indeed be wrong. I have been in the past. If I remember, I’ll check when I’m next in the city. Trying to back away from online shopping for a bit.

seedsbelize2 01-11-24 09:49 AM

I’ve decided, finally, to go for a ride. The weather is just too beautiful day after day after day. I have become lazy. I would like to do the 36 mile loop I did with Alan, but may cave to the old favourite 22 miler. Vamos a ver.

ls01 01-11-24 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 23126217)
These came in 12 days. Not bad shipping time.

on par with scambay

abshipp 01-11-24 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 23126186)
Ugh, I had a miserable night. I just could not fall asleep, and my muscles ached along with a little funny feeling in my throat. I still feel a bit crummy.

Of course I checked a covid test, it's negative. I am still wearing a mask at work because if I have a bug it still could be covid (sometimes it takes 2-4 days of symptoms to test positive) or a non-covid virus.

:notamused:

I was laid out all day yesterday with sinus pressure and aches. Went to bed Tuesday evening at 11pm and finally got out of bed around 4pm. Back in bed by 10pm and woke up around 9 this morning.

datlas 01-11-24 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 23126242)
I was laid out all day yesterday with sinus pressure and aches. Went to bed Tuesday evening at 11pm and finally got out of bed around 4pm. Back in bed by 10pm and woke up around 9 this morning.

I do suggest you test, if you have not done so. I lay odds 50-50 it's covid. Goes up if you have had close contact with someone that was sick last week.

bampilot06 01-11-24 10:15 AM

Simon is teething again. He has started this screaming thing. It’s enough to make me want to rip my hair out.

Also he has no patience, he is never satisfied with what he has, and his poop is the worst smelling thing on this planet.
I should have named him Bam Jr.

abshipp 01-11-24 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 23126247)
I do suggest you test, if you have not done so. I lay odds 50-50 it's covid. Goes up if you have had close contact with someone that was sick last week.

Magic lollipop says positive :notamused:

Mojo31 01-11-24 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 23126265)
Simon is teething again. He has started this screaming thing. It’s enough to make me want to rip my hair out.

Also he has no patience, he is never satisfied with what he has, and his poop is the worst smelling thing on this planet.

:roflmao2::roflmao::roflmao2:

rjones28 01-11-24 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by abshipp (Post 23126276)
Magic lollipop says positive :notamused:

:(

TMonk 01-11-24 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 23125026)
I was waiting until today to pipe in. It seems the day of, things are generally decent, albeit foggy. The second day reality tends to set in. Eat your greens, take a half if and when you're ready, and take it easy. To me, two ibuprofen's and one Tylenol, seemed to be the cocktail of choice.

Man you were totally right. The first day was a haze, yesterday the depth of the soreness really kicked in. I am quite sore today as well. Gonna try to skip the oxy today and just go off acetaminophen and see how I fare. Maybe an ibuprofen as well.

TMonk 01-11-24 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 23126265)

Wait, so they have more phases of really intense screaming later on as well? Great.

I remember the first time Lilly full-on screamed like that. Of course it was during the first night when I watched her alone so Liz could go out to dinner with my SIL. Scared the crap out of me. Now at least I know that that sort of intensity doesn't last too long, or is really all that frequent, but man that takes some getting used to. Shes 13 weeks old.

DougRNS 01-11-24 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by RollCNY (Post 23125955)
DougRNS good luck to your wife. Not to interject anything random, and I am sure she will be fine, but if they prescribe her chemo based on the 5FU treatment (which is the most common skin cancer chemo), and if you are open to suggestions from random strangers, test for a DPD processing deficiency before starting treatment. It is rare, but bad, and I know first hand from my mom in 2018 and sister in 2023.

Don't mean to be serious or concerning, and it is rare, but it is bad, and preventable, so worth an ask and a test if you get there.

noted:thumb:

bampilot06 01-11-24 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by TMonk (Post 23126311)
Wait, so they have more phases of really intense screaming later on as well? Great.

I remember the first time Lilly full-on screamed like that. Of course it was during the first night when I watched her alone so Liz could go out to dinner with my SIL. Scared the crap out of me. Now at least I know that that sort of intensity doesn't last too long, or is really all that frequent, but man that takes some getting used to. Shes 13 weeks old.

Amelia didnt do this.

TMonk 01-11-24 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 23126314)
Amelia didnt do this.

Interesting to see how each kid has a different disposition sometimes. Lilly is a pretty chill baby most of the time. But she'll get like full on red in the face and screaming once a week or so.

Eric F 01-11-24 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 23126314)
Amelia didnt do this.

Of course not. That's how parents get suckered in to having a second kid.

From my experience...Parenting will test every bit of patience, self-control, and determination you have. Just when you think you have things figured out, they grow into a new phase and change the game. There will be times when you feel like you have no idea what you're doing. This is totally normal...and will be worth it.

bampilot06 01-11-24 12:00 PM

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cc7df29a.jpeg

t2p 01-11-24 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Trsnrtr (Post 23126209)
Lighter and more flat resistant though I've never noticed that. What i like about them is they pack small, like really, really small.

I've yet to have the valve failures expressed here.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...82bd95f38.jpeg

no issues with the inexpensive RideNow tubes purchased from Aliexpress

( my RideNow tubes have different valve stems than pictured above )

just had issues with Aerothan valve stems - and user error partly to blame

gotta be careful not to over inflate before installation - apparently this has been an issue with some (?) …

I like that the tpu tubes hold air well - as good as a butyl tube … and maybe slightly better than a lightweight butyl tube

at one time / years ago - I ran latex tubes in my bikes … primarily Air-B … had to pump them before every ride

TMonk 01-11-24 12:17 PM

I still run latex in my road/crit racing wheels and TT wheels. Purportedly lowest rolling resistance.

But that's it, butyl or TPU in the other tubed wheels. Got a nice light set of Aeolus Pro 3 TLR's on my daily driver (TCR) that I run TPU in now.

Velo Vol 01-11-24 12:26 PM

I'm doing just fine*.

*Except for moderate to severe joint issues the last couple days. At least I can walk normally today. :thumb:

MoAlpha 01-11-24 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by TMonk (Post 23126300)
Man you were totally right. The first day was a haze, yesterday the depth of the soreness really kicked in. I am quite sore today as well. Gonna try to skip the oxy today and just go off acetaminophen and see how I fare. Maybe an ibuprofen as well.

Two pieces of pain management advice from a former medical intern who valued his sleep: 1. Until you're sure you're out of the woods, take your meds on a set schedule and stay ahead of the pain. 2. Ibuprofen and acetaminophen have different mechanisms of action and are not additive in their toxicities, so they can be safely alternated at their minimum dosing intervals. This is very effective.

MoAlpha 01-11-24 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by datlas (Post 23126186)
Ugh, I had a miserable night. I just could not fall asleep, and my muscles ached along with a little funny feeling in my throat. I still feel a bit crummy.

Of course I checked a covid test, it's negative. I am still wearing a mask at work because if I have a bug it still could be covid (sometimes it takes 2-4 days of symptoms to test positive) or a non-covid virus.

:notamused:

I have had a spectacularly unpleasant rhinitis all week, but I can WFH. Need to test before we go away for the weekend.

terrymorse 01-11-24 12:39 PM

Tried something different in Zwift, the "Royal Pump Room 8" course in Yorkshire.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...65bb31e461.png

It was fun. Fast, scenic, constantly rolling but not grueling, and this old climber has-been grabbed the Yorkshire KOM jersey with a mere 3.8 W/kg effort.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6b10e957.jpeg

MoAlpha 01-11-24 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by RollCNY (Post 23125891)
Having not looked at this overall site in several years, how come no one has removed the quotes from "those" who served in the sticky thread? Does nonsense grammar need a shrine?

That bit has bothered me for years. I can't even imagine what the writer had in mind.

indyfabz 01-11-24 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 23125832)
Dearest Ramona passed away in December 2021. I never made announcement here because I didn't wanna believe it for a long time, then by the time I was halfway coming to terms with it I still didn't know what to say.

After a few brutal years in Phoenix, AZ I'm now in beautiful Flagstaff, AZ looking forward to some fresh snow tonight.

Damn. I am so sorry. I, too, was recently wondering what had happened to her, but I didn't want to ask.

TMonk 01-11-24 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by terrymorse (Post 23126411)
Tried something different in Zwift, the "Royal Pump Room 8" course in Yorkshire.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...65bb31e461.png

It was fun. Fast, scenic, constantly rolling but not grueling, and this old climber has-been grabbed the Yorkshire KOM jersey with a mere 3.8 W/kg effort.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...f6b10e957.jpeg

nice terrymorse! always fun to get a jersey.

That segment looks fun, I can rip the hell out of a few minute long climb, above my paygrade from an FTP perspective. I'll have to go for that one sometime.