Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2024.2 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1291276)

LesterOfPuppets 04-07-24 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 23208174)
Attempted to mount a bottle cage and to my chagrin, of my vast collection of little screws, I don’t have any that will fit the mount on the GT. They are all too big. When I go uptown to get a tube,I’ll try for screws too.

Stollen baby bike bolts?* That GT is just one thing after another.

​​​​​​*(or however that phrase goes)

Velo Vol 04-07-24 07:54 PM

I am in 🌞🌗🌎 land.

seedsbelize2 04-07-24 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets;[url=tel:23208187
23208187]Stollen baby bike bolts?* That GT is just one thing after another.

I don’t know that phrase. But I’ve almost come around to shopping for a camelback. After all, if Big John can do it, and you can do it, I should be able to do it. No need to be elitist. So now I’m asking for camelback advice. What say you?

Our Walmarts are pretty worthless, but we have a Decathlon store that has a pretty wide selection of stuff. I haven’t looked for this specific item though.

seedsbelize2 04-07-24 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol;[url=tel:23208209
23208209[/url]]I am in 🌞🌗🌎 land.

Whatever that means.
Kudos

bampilot06 04-07-24 08:13 PM

:innocent:

Velo Vol 04-07-24 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 23208217)
Whatever that means.
Kudos

Boomer Alert

genejockey 04-07-24 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 23208187)
Stollen baby bike bolts?* That GT is just one thing after another.

Stollen?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...58fef6d0cb.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 04-07-24 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by genejockey (Post 23208245)

Man I love stollen, wish I had some to accompany the decaf I'm brewing. Gonna have to settle for a PB&J.

LesterOfPuppets 04-07-24 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by seedsbelize2 (Post 23208214)
I don’t know that phrase. But I’ve almost come around to shopping for a camelback. After all, if Big John can do it, and you can do it, I should be able to do it. No need to be elitist. So now I’m asking for camelback advice. What say you?

Our Walmarts are pretty worthless, but we have a Decathlon store that has a pretty wide selection of stuff. I haven’t looked for this specific item though.

Here's a reference to the epic baby bike bolts thread, not sure if the original still exists
https://www.bikeforums.net/road-cycl...ad-closed.html

Does Jenson ship to MX? This is a pretty good deal if 70oz is enough water for ya.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Camelbak-Rogue-Light-70oz-4

ls01 04-08-24 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by big john (Post 23207333)
When I was in my 30s I had a series of ear infections that about drove me crazy. Saw different doctors, took antibiotics, etc. One doc told me I had bony growths that prevented the ears from draining/drying completely. Almost like swimmer's ear. I've only had a couple of issues since then. I'm careful about getting water trapped and try to keep the wax under control, even though it should be more popular.:p

Good one John. Lol you should post that. Do you use ear wax to lube your chain.

indyfabz 04-08-24 06:48 AM

For all those who believe it's coming this afternoon:

bampilot06 04-08-24 06:59 AM

Spent hours looking at cars last night in case the van is finished. Don’t consider myself a pessimist more of a realist but if the transmission is indeed done than that is going to cost more to replace than I want to spend.

The interest rates for cars right now seems kind of excessive. Found a couple certified preowned Honda Pilots. The interest rate advertised was like 7 percent. Our credit union is advertising 6 percent. Just seems ridiculous. Hopefully the van isn’t caput, if it is my riding is going to be taking a back seat to me working my ass off to pay for a car that I do not want.

rjones28 04-08-24 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 23208209)
I am in 🌞🌗🌎 land.

Do you feel dumber?

rjones28 04-08-24 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 23208421)
Spent hours looking at cars last night in case the van is finished. Don’t consider myself a pessimist more of a realist but if the transmission is indeed done than that is going to cost more to replace than I want to spend.

The interest rates for cars right now seems kind of excessive. Found a couple certified preowned Honda Pilots. The interest rate advertised was like 7 percent. Our credit union is advertising 6 percent. Just seems ridiculous. Hopefully the van isn’t caput, if it is my riding is going to be taking a back seat to me working my ass off to pay for a car that I do not want.

Car repair blast from the past. I don't remember what I was doing to the Saab, but Benson was less than a year old at the time.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9b10e769d9.png

seypat 04-08-24 07:11 AM

If you're a cyclist/bike racer, I'd get another minivan. It's the best, most efficient all arounder for hauling anything besides a full size van. You could always get some type of a beater like a older Honda Fit for those long commutes. Think about your upcoming training month and what you'll be taking on it. The mini van is the right tool for the job.

bampilot06 04-08-24 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 23208427)
Car repair blast from the past. I don't remember what I was doing to the Saab, but Benson was less than a year old at the time.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9b10e769d9.png

Im am find with simple stuff but this is something with the transmission.

LAJ 04-08-24 07:16 AM

Depending on what's found, weigh your options. If you've maintained the vehicle as required, and it's a good overall vehicle, a $3500.00 repair may be better than a new car payment. On a car that someone traded in. For some reason.

Mojo31 04-08-24 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 23208418)
For all those who believe it's coming this afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g

If it does, will you (referring to anyone of us) be among those who go "poof"?

Velo Vol 04-08-24 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by rjones28 (Post 23208425)
Do you feel dumber?

So far I’m doing just fine.

big john 04-08-24 07:26 AM

Hopefully you have a shop you can trust.

Mojo31 04-08-24 07:27 AM

Used car rates are always higher than new car rates. And, if you can get a promotional rate on a new car they get even better. Even at that, there was once a time in my life where 6% or 7% was a helluva good deal.

Audi has 60 month financing at .99%.

Acura has 1.9% on the TLX car.

Honda Pilot (and all the other Honda models) are at 3.9% for up to 48 months and 4.9% for 60 months.

Nissan Pathfinder is available at 2.9% for up to 60 and a $1,000 rebate.

You just need to look. All of the info is readily available online.

And, here's a simple fact - the manufacturer promotional rates will always beat the bank and credit union loan rates.

Mojo31 04-08-24 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by seypat (Post 23208428)
If you're a cyclist/bike racer, I'd get another minivan. It's the best, most efficient all arounder for hauling anything besides a full size van. You could always get some type of a beater like a older Honda Fit for those long commutes. Think about your upcoming training month and what you'll be taking on it. The mini van is the right tool for the job.

No self-respecting male should ever be driving a mini-van as "his" car.

There, I've said it. Yes, I'm sexist. No, I don't want to die.

bampilot06 04-08-24 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by seypat (Post 23208428)

Unfortunately the wife doesn’t want another mini van. I was trying to push the kia carnival but she’s not interested in a mini van. I’ll take the mazda and put a Kuatt on the back. Racing is important to me, but priority wise, Airport Car, Family Car, bikes comes last.

BillyD 04-08-24 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 23207973)
Like walking on sunshine.

BillyD 04-08-24 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by mojo31 (Post 23208442)
no self-respecting male should ever be driving a mini-van as "his" car.

There, i've said it. Yes, i'm sexist. No, i don't want to die.

100%