Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Classic & Vintage (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Cino MMXXIV - it’s on: 9/14/2024 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1286331)

Robvolz 12-12-23 01:19 AM

If you drive through Missoula, maybe just maybe the aero is still there.

Manny66 12-12-23 05:32 PM

So this Event is being held the same weekend as L'Eroica California ? And 2 weeks before L'Eroica Italy . Looks like some serious trip decision planning is in order .

obrentharris 12-12-23 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Manny66 (Post 23098594)
So this Event is being held the same weekend as L'Eroica California ? And 2 weeks before L'Eroica Italy . Looks like some serious trip decision planning is in order .

Where did you find the dates for next year's eroica California? I can only find 2023.
Brent

gugie 12-12-23 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by obrentharris (Post 23098647)
Where did you find the dates for next year's eroica California? I can only find 2023.
Brent

If it's not on the same weekend, it'll probably be a week different. So here I'll remind everyone that...

Cino > Eroica California

Piervinc 12-12-23 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by gugie (Post 23098737)
If it's not on the same weekend, it'll probably be a week different. So here I'll remind everyone that...

Cino > Eroica California

wait! Consider this: Riding both would make a heck of a fun week.

Manny66 12-12-23 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by obrentharris (Post 23098647)
Brent

You're Correct, I saw the September date from last year posted on the site.

Manny66 12-12-23 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Piervinc (Post 23098782)
wait! Consider this: Riding both would make a heck of a fun week.

Its A great Possibility !

Its only a 20 hour drive from Los Angeles.

gugie 12-13-23 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Manny66 (Post 23098799)
You're Correct, I saw the September date from last year posted on the site.

Skuttlebutt is a September Eroica California, weekend not set yet.

AdventureManCO 12-13-23 11:53 PM

Well, I got the initial 'ok' from the spousal unit. Is anyone driving through Colorado, or do folks all sort of drive all on their own? Interested to see what could be put together.

bikingshearer 12-14-23 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by AdventureManCO (Post 23099789)
Well, I got the initial 'ok' from the spousal unit. Is anyone driving through Colorado, or do folks all sort of drive all on their own? Interested to see what could be put together.

It's a mix. Some car pool.. Some drive up solo. Some even fly in, shipping their bikes ahead via a shipper or via someone who is driving. There has even been at least one Cino-ite who rode home to western Washington state. It's a crazy ride done by crazy people who get there all kinds of crazy ways.

BTW, the sight of the Huffente in action in the Montana back country is reason enough to make the trip.:D

AdventureManCO 12-14-23 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by bikingshearer (Post 23100211)
It's a mix. Some car pool.. Some drive up solo. Some even fly in, shipping their bikes ahead via a shipper or via someone who is driving. There has even been at least one Cino-ite who rode home to western Washington state. It's a crazy ride done by crazy people who get there all kinds of crazy ways.

BTW, the sight of the Huffente in action in the Montana back country is reason enough to make the trip.:D

Or, it could taint the whole event and then nobody shows up!:lol:

Choke 12-14-23 09:51 PM

I'll be there, martini shaker in hand.

Originally Posted by bikingshearer (Post 23100211)
It's a crazy ride done by crazy people who get there all kinds of crazy ways.

The craziest might just be Kurt (Curt?) from Canada. He rode to the start from his home in BC, did the ride and then rode back. On Sunday afternoon, after finishing the course he was planning on riding another 50-60 miles before camping.

He's ridden down for the ride at least two years.

gugie 12-15-23 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by AdventureManCO (Post 23100477)
Or, it could taint the whole event and then nobody shows up!:lol:

https://www.cinorider.com/cino/

"Cino is not the perfect tool for the job, for a variety of reasons. It looks better than the perfect tool for the job; it’s harder to use, its more classic, its older, its more unique–somehow, you just rather have it than the perfect tool for the job. The perfect tool for the job is, well–its just not very cino that’s all."

The Huffente definitely is Cino.

IdahoBrett 12-15-23 06:53 PM

I saw this thread the other day and wondered to myself “What is this Cino?”

Today I had a look at the website and watched a video. What followed in my head went something like this; “Could I pedal that far? Maybe, if I train. Could I get that ‘ol Peugeot I just picked up roadworthy enough? There is enough time. Maybe I should buy another bike? Yah, maybe. Hmmm..”

Anyways, looks like a great time with great folks.

davester 12-15-23 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by IdahoBrett (Post 23101485)
I saw this thread the other day and wondered to myself “What is this Cino?”

Today I had a look at the website and watched a video. What followed in my head went something like this; “Could I pedal that far? Maybe, if I train. Could I get that ‘ol Peugeot I just picked up roadworthy enough? There is enough time. Maybe I should buy another bike? Yah, maybe. Hmmm..”

Anyways, looks like a great time with great folks.

That, most definitely, is Cino.

IdahoBrett 12-15-23 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by davester (Post 23101526)
That, most definitely, is Cino.

Well then, I must endeavor to persevere….

Andy_K 12-15-23 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by gugie (Post 23101415)
https://www.cinorider.com/cino/

"Cino is not the perfect tool for the job, for a variety of reasons. It looks better than the perfect tool for the job; it’s harder to use, its more classic, its older, its more unique–somehow, you just rather have it than the perfect tool for the job. The perfect tool for the job is, well–its just not very cino that’s all."

The Huffente definitely is Cino.

I've only been to Cino once, so I'm still learning, but as I was thinking about the Huffente this morning I thought this:

https://i.imgflip.com/89jnfj.jpg

But that only really works if you understand that John Daly is, in fact, a skilled professional golfer.

An old Huffy? Not especially Cino. A beloved Huffy that has been painstakingly built with the finest Campagnolo components? Very Cino.

AdventureManCO 12-15-23 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Andy_K (Post 23101566)
I've only been to Cino once, so I'm still learning, but as I was thinking about the Huffente this morning I thought this:

https://i.imgflip.com/89jnfj.jpg

But that only really works if you understand that John Daly is, in fact, a skilled professional golfer.

An old Huffy? Not especially Cino. A beloved Huffy that has been painstakingly built with the finest Campagnolo components? Very Cino.

'...as I was thinking about the Huffente this morning...'

Brings a tear to my eye. *sniff*

I love it. Someone needs to educate me on if 'titanium Campagnolo' i.e. their bottom bracket, also qualifies for 'finest Campagnolo', or if we collectively ignore that chapter. I am gonna be doing some updating.

Looks like I need to pick up some alloy brake pad holders. I'm off my A-game!:lol:

northbend 12-15-23 10:20 PM

For the Cino curious and those who simply want to re-live the glory daze Cinos past go to: Cino Ride Reports Here

jamesdak 02-27-24 08:19 AM

Hmmm....maybe this is the year I can do this. Two new knees and a bunch of months to get fully recovered and climbing again.

The Team USA is ready for it now. I could change up the Holdsworth a bit too (gearing) or the Opus III. Or....hmmm.....could these old legs get the Guv'nor over the hills and would the 3 speed IGH hold together?

mhespenheide 02-27-24 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by jamesdak (Post 23168777)
Hmmm....maybe this is the year I can do this. Two new knees and a bunch of months to get fully recovered and climbing again.

The Team USA is ready for it now. I could change up the Holdsworth a bit too (gearing) or the Opus III. Or....hmmm.....could these old legs get the Guv'nor over the hills and would the 3 speed IGH hold together?

Do you still have the Fuji Finest in 650b form?

jamesdak 02-27-24 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by mhespenheide (Post 23169203)
Do you still have the Fuji Finest in 650b form?

Boy, wish I did. That would have been great for this with maybe a little gear tweaking.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...9398d39eda.jpg

I ran the numbers on the Guv'nor and the gear inches are 44,59,78. I'd probably die on the hills with that.

The Team USA has 31-119 inches covered. Much more realistic.

panzerwagon 02-27-24 08:22 PM

Dusted off my Cino MMXXIII ride for today’s commute. Not sure yet what I’ll take for MMXXIV, but this one always brings a smile.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...341bb624d.jpeg
Cino Raleigh International