Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Road Cycling (https://www.bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Addiction 2021.4 (https://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=1239811)

LesterOfPuppets 10-04-21 12:47 PM

I'd go stainless King or Elite Ciussi.

If plastic I'd probably go basic black.

datlas 10-04-21 12:49 PM

+1 for Stainless King cages. Love them. Or go Ti if you have $$$ to burn, King makes them too.

BTW King Cages are NOT related to Chris King. Different company. King cages are made in Durango.

LesterOfPuppets 10-04-21 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22256676)
IMO pink and blue works together and orange and blue works together but, in the context of a bike, I feel like you'd need to accent those colors more if you were to go that route with the cages, and they you get in to that try-hard, matchy-matchy region. That lighter blue would look nice, though, I think.

Yep, gotta echo the colour elsewhere. Bar plugs or skewers or pedals or...

bampilot06 10-04-21 12:50 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22256676)
IMO pink and blue works together and orange and blue works together but, in the context of a bike, I feel like you'd need to accent those colors more if you were to go that route with the cages, and they you get in to that try-hard, matchy-matchy region. That lighter blue would look nice, though, I think.


If I did the pink cages I would get pink tape.

same with orange, but my cervelo is blue and orange so I think I want something different.

bampilot06 10-04-21 12:51 PM


Originally Posted by Mojo31 (Post 22256684)
There is a deep blue that may look good on it: Bontrager Elite Water Bottle Cage | Trek Bikes


too dark, those wouldn’t stand out.

LesterOfPuppets 10-04-21 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22256689)
+1 for Stainless King cages. Love them. Or go Ti if you have $$$ to burn, King makes them too.

BTW King Cages are NOT related to Chris King. Different company. King cages are made in Durango.

Oooh, speaking of Ti, Supacaz has rainbow ano ones (or oilslick as the kids these days call it).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

LAJ 10-04-21 12:52 PM


Originally Posted by bampilot06 (Post 22256670)
I take it you don’t like the color choices.

If you like Elite, I would highlight the two tone of the bike, with colors that aren't primary to the bike, but in the bike.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cc9e5ae70.jpg

bampilot06 10-04-21 12:57 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22256698)
If you like Elite, I would highlight the two tone of the bike, with colors that aren't primary to the bike, but in the bike.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cc9e5ae70.jpg


noted.

indyfabz 10-04-21 12:59 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22256689)
+1 for Stainless King cages. Love them. Or go Ti if you have $$$ to burn, King makes them too.

BTW King Cages are NOT related to Chris King. Different company. King cages are made in Durango.

I have their SS cages on my Engin. Look brand new afer something like 5 years. I met the King cage guys at the Philly Bike Expo several years ago. One was bending cages. He gave the ex a new one to replace one she mentioned that had broken. I think it happened when her bike was driven home from AZ in a trailer. Probably got damaged by the pedal of another bike.

I also saw, but did not meet, Chris King on Cycle Oregon 2007. He was there all week holding court, displaying his wares and drinking coffee with his disciples in camp. Don't know if he did any riding.

Joan Benoit was also there (riding) that year.

datlas 10-04-21 01:00 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22256697)
Oooh, speaking of Ti, Supacaz has rainbow ano ones (or oilslick as the kids these days call it).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

What was the name of that fidget toy we had as kids? Looks like that.

WhyFi 10-04-21 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22256685)
I'd go stainless King or Elite Ciussi.

If plastic I'd probably go basic black.


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22256689)
+1 for Stainless King cages. Love them. Or go Ti if you have $$$ to burn, King makes them too.

BTW King Cages are NOT related to Chris King. Different company. King cages are made in Durango.

Ew. Sorry, but I don't think that metal wire/tube cages belong on high-zoot carbon and certainly not on aero high-zoot carbon.

phrantic09 10-04-21 01:01 PM


Originally Posted by LAJ (Post 22256698)
If you like Elite, I would highlight the two tone of the bike, with colors that aren't primary to the bike, but in the bike.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...2cc9e5ae70.jpg

This

Mojo31 10-04-21 01:02 PM

I like these Supacaz on that Madone in oil slick: Supacaz Fly Cage Carbon | Competitive Cyclist

indyfabz 10-04-21 01:07 PM

Don't forget to play the Power Ball this evening so my jackpot will be even larger.

datlas 10-04-21 01:13 PM


Originally Posted by datlas (Post 22256710)
What was the name of that fidget toy we had as kids? Looks like that.

Found it:

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...840a948145.jpg

genejockey 10-04-21 01:17 PM


Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 22256697)
Oooh, speaking of Ti, Supacaz has rainbow ano ones (or oilslick as the kids these days call it).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1500_.jpg

"Oil Slick"? Yeah, I can see that. Or, for those of us who ate a lot of cafeteria food growing up, it's reminiscent of the multicolor sheen on "Mystery Meat"

Velo Vol 10-04-21 01:24 PM

I have one rarely-used water bottle holder. Do I need a second? Discuss.

Velo Vol 10-04-21 01:27 PM

I have just had this feature pointed out to me. Hmm.


https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/bikefor...845b65b6b4.png

WhyFi 10-04-21 01:27 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22256752)
I have one rarely-used water bottle holder. Do I need a second? Discuss.

No.

Velo Vol 10-04-21 01:28 PM


Originally Posted by indyfabz (Post 22256723)
Don't forget to play the Power Ball this evening so my jackpot will be even larger.

No.

Velo Vol 10-04-21 01:29 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22256762)
No.

Back in the day I did long enough rides that I used it. Will I ever again?

sbxx1985 10-04-21 01:29 PM

Arundel Mandible.

WhyFi 10-04-21 01:32 PM


Originally Posted by Velo Vol (Post 22256764)
Back in the day I did long enough rides that I used it. Will I ever again?

I was saying "no" to the request to discuss.

sbxx1985 10-04-21 01:32 PM

You shouldn't look first at the cages. They can't be the focus of the bike. Must blend.

Velo Vol 10-04-21 01:34 PM


Originally Posted by WhyFi (Post 22256767)
I was saying "no" to the request to discuss.

We just had a whole page of water bottle posts.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.